under-sealing micra

hi
i am wanting to under-seal my car, to prevent any more rust build up tht has already occurred, but i would also like to cover up any rust tht is there so tht i dnt get a costly bill for my mot. has any one got any suggestions?
thanks
steve

To be honest if youve got the rust bug already its only going to spread no matter what you cover it up with. If its surface rust just sand it down to bare metal and put a layer of underseal on. If its eaten away at the metal though you really want to cut all the rust out and weld a new plate in there.

start with the best condition micra shell you could find (if ur bodyshells ok carry on, if not find a good one), strip the exterior down to the shell, treat all rust, divert the flawed sunroof drain pipe that causes all micra sills to rot, undercoat every nook n cranny of the entire underbody thats exposed, reassemble/swap parts from bad shell to good shell.

tis a long thorough process but is what i did to mine to prolong its life. check me blog for details

start with the best condition micra shell you could find (if ur bodyshells ok carry on, if not find a good one), strip the exterior down to the shell, treat all rust, divert the flawed sunroof drain pipe that causes all micra sills to rot, undercoat every nook n cranny of the entire underbody thats exposed, reassemble/swap parts from bad shell to good shell.

tis a long thorough process but is what i did to mine to prolong its life. check me blog for details
Probably the Best way. Be it long winded or not. May even step in that direction myself. (Y)

Back