under engine splash guard

B

bal

do any k11 micras have an under engine splash guard?
im talking a piece of plastic that will cover the entire underside of the engine.

any chance of the model of micras that have this part?

thanks any help is much appreciated

bal

my k11 had 1/2 under engine guard thing which attaches itself to the front bumper. But i ripped it off and threw it away.

I'd be very cautious with such a large splash guard. It will most likely affect underbonnet airflow and this may not be a good thing.

I know there's alloy and carbon aprons available in Japan for the K11 which are aero dynamically designed to help stabilise the car at high speed and also improve the natural cooling in the engine bay... :)

well my timingchain rattle is seriously annoying me now and i think a splash guard might hinder some of the noise (maybe a sound deadened slash guard) because it seems most of the noise is coming from underneath the car

yom : good advice mate i will take airflow into consideration if i do this

anyway back to my original question : is there actually one on a k11?

How will it make your timing chain rattle quieter when the rattle is in the engine. If it's annoying you that much, change the timing chain :p

Alienfish360 said:
How will it make your timing chain rattle quieter when the rattle is in the engine. If it's annoying you that much, change the timing chain :p

many reasons why the chain doesnt get replaced
-the parts needed are dealer only so they will take your pants down on price
-its not just one chain its 2 so more work
-tensioners also have to be replaced
-the engine has to be removed (cost of engine hoist rent/buy)
-engine has to be totally taken apart (if you dont have enough experience it will go tits up
-the car will have to be off the road for a day or longer so if you dont have a backup your screwed

overall it takes alot of knowledge, time, effort and money
not really worth all that to stop a rattle

on a 1-10 scale of annoying i would say its a 6
when it becomes a 9 ill tear the engine apart
but untill then ill experiment with quick fixes lol

Alienfish360 said:
louder exhaust?
Louder stereo?

don't stop it, drown it :)

or just listen to James' it'll make you feel better!

yeah ive heard about his aparently the worst ever rattle lol

hmmm im now considering a stupidly big backbox
*goes off to classifieds and ebay*

Back