Grease removal under car?

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Went to service the car today saw there was a **** load of grease under the car. Close inspection turns out that the driver side drive shaft both the inner and outer shaft are all rip with grease every where. So i spent the the whole afternoon pulling out the drive shaft now im still scrapping the grease from under the car. Any quick solution to degrease it. Try degreaser and water wasnt much help just made a mess of everything.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
When I had an old chassis I wanted to degrease I hired this industrial heated pressure washer. You need a trailer (6x4) to carry it. You hook it up to your mains pressure tap as you would the domestic type of pressure cleaners but this one has a small diesel powered heater unit it.
So you get very hot water/steam out of the gun.

That'll do it but it makes a mess.

Other cheaper option is to get a de-greaser gun which you run off a compressor, fill the gun with White spirit or kerosene, blast away with that for a bit then immediatly follow up with high pressure water.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"just use a rag and wipe it away and use carbie cleaner not degreaser

Gonna try the carbie tomorrow got some in the garage.

Also went to the self pull it wrecker today manage to pick up a oil cooler from ae92 now im looking for a oil sandwich plate. Heard an sr20 will fit anyone knows?

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I have found it soon washes off just driving around in wet weather , just wipe the worst off for now .. I had the same a short while back and the grease is gone now

Back