two N-CVT broken?

CMF_fernando

» CMF Member
Hi IM new to this forum and have a problem with my 1993 N-CVT 1.3 Micra

N-CVT does not work, what's happened?. In drive mode only the first speed go.

I went to car-mechanic (Nissan) and he told that the problem is the CVT…4000€

I went and bought a CVT old but OK and other car-mechanic replace the automatic transmissions (350 €) but… the problem is the self.
Computer in service didn't diagnose something bad with electronic.
anyone know what it could be?
thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Nice way to start the new year Mr Administrator.

To the problem at hand: get an auto electrician to check all the wiring from the CVT transmission to the CVT computer. There WAS a gentleman who had similar sounding problems at my local dealer and I was informed that it was electrical.

Considering you have replaced the transmission and it does the exact same thing, you might be able to assume that it is in a fail-safe mode of sorts. CVT computer could also be bung.

But first - try resetting the computer. Simply disconnet the battery for an hour. Works for Mitsubishi Magnas.

CMF_fernando

» CMF Member
I think too that breakdown is electrical fault.
Yesterday, I took a look at all fuse-box. But all was normal.
Yom, I m going to open the bonnet and to disconnect the battery…
thanks

CMF_AMOSLEE

» CMF Member
I have a problem with mine also it used to make a noise now it stalls and cannot move at all not even in reverse is this an electrical fault with the n-cvt gearbox?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You mean when you turn the car on?

That is normal - it is just the CVT computer doing a self test, just like the abs and airbag systems (if so equipped).

I'm at a loss to your problems but I suspect they're electrical.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the electronis in the CVT system I would imagine the transmission still has to be pulled apart to acess the faulty electronics. Probably not a good idea with the general lack of CVT technicians around these days.

Back