turbo'd ma10?

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
ive been thinkig about this for a while and was just wondering what others think. is it feasible and what would it inolve. i have a low comp ma10 so would the comp ration need to be lowered? and what about carburation? any ideas, hints thanks.

ive been thinkig about this for a while and was just wondering what others think. is it feasible and what would it inolve. i have a low comp ma10 so would the comp ration need to be lowered? and what about carburation? any ideas, hints thanks.

i think your c/r depends on how much boost you run, and the carb would ideally need to be pre turbo

i was looking at a 200sx turbo on ebay that comes with the manifold could you cut the part that bolts onto the engine off and weld a k10 one on?or is it much harder? cheers

Supercharger is easier, belt driven, no turbo lag and easier to set up (just change the size of the belt pulley).
Someone wil be along in a second to call me an idiot and tell me I don't know what I'm on about so I'd do some research of your own first

You idiot!!!!!!! hahahahah.

Personally turbo is easier to do, as you don't need to mess with pulleys. You can weld an adaptor onto the cast manifold and return oil to the sump, take oil feed from pressure switch and then mod the exhaust. it would need to be tried but I have a feeling that a very low boost setup into oem carb (with altered fuel setup) may just work...

Supercharger is easier, belt driven, no turbo lag and easier to set up (just change the size of the belt pulley).
Ed wil be along in a second to call me an idiot and tell me I don't know what I'm on about so I'd do some research of your own first

Ah now it could have been me:wasntme:

You idiot!!!!!!! hahahahah.

Personally turbo is easier to do, as you don't need to mess with pulleys. You can weld an adaptor onto the cast manifold and return oil to the sump, take oil feed from pressure switch and then mod the exhaust. it would need to be tried but I have a feeling that a very low boost setup into oem carb (with altered fuel setup) may just work...

what do you mean by altered fuel setup?

any one know the comp ratio of an ma10et or is it same as normal ma10 cheers

According to wikipedia

Engine
Bore and Stroke: 68.0 mm (2.68 in) x 68.0 mm (2.68 in)
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Max Power: 76 PS (56 kW/75 hp) at 6000 rpm
Max Torque: 10.8 kg·m (106 N·m/78 ft·lbf) at 4400 rpm
Fuel Delivery: ECCS
Fuel Type/Capacity: Regular Unleaded/40L (8.8 imp. gal. / 10.6 US gal.)

IMO the best way to turbo a K10 is use a figaro engine, loom and manifolds etc
2nd best is to use the exhaust and inlet manifold from the figaro and wiring loom+ecu if possible to get hold of, if not then Omex (as Ed loves Omex) and fit to a standard MA10/MA12 engine
3rd weld on a turbo flange (perhaps a T2) to a standard MA10/MA12 exhaust manifold then either use the inlet manifold from a figaro/March Turbo/Superturbo, along with ECU and wiring loom or Omex
4th Weld on a turbo flange again to the exhaust manifold then either try to use the standard carb or use one from a Renault 5 Turbo as they were carb and do a custom inlet manifold.

Above is strictly my opinion and I will always be open to better opinions. Each has its merits and its problems.

Back