TPS voltage

CMF_CENTI

» CMF Member
have tested my car's TPS(mid wire and front one)with a multitester last night, it returned less than .5V at closed throttle, .40V specifically...

have read somewhere it should be .5V...how is it affecting my car? fuel economy? throttle response? have been driving the car with that condition for so long, thinking everything is just normal and previous encounters with the mechanics, I can't remember any one of them touching that area(volt testing the TPS).

Anyway, slightly turned the TPS body towards the rear to bring the voltage up to .5V at closed throttle...what should i expect? (performancewise, fuel consumption...etc)
haven't driven the car yet, after few days of typhoonish weather here, i recon todays sun up is a very nice day for motorcycling...

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
As an apprentice auto electrician, not even we would check the TPS voltage unless we were chasing a problem in that area. Mechanics generally don't do that sort of work, so there's absolutely no chance of them checking it for you without you asking them to do so.

I would expect no noticeable difference in performance or fuel consumption. You base idle will change, but you may not even notice that. Rev's may drop SLIGHTLY quickly when off-power (in between gear changes, butterfly closed) but this is also very unlikely.
On some cars, o.1V difference on the TPS signal wire is a huge difference, but not so much on the little Micra...
Hope that answers your questions mate

Aaron.

Back