To Do List

CMF_jaylaw17

» CMF Member
Making a 'to do list' for my 1.0 micra.

What mods would you recomend, what gains will it give, what area will it improve and how much will it cost?

Some things i have already thought of are
1- swapping cg10 cams for cg13 cams
2- new air intake system
3- exhaust system

CMF_jaylaw17

» CMF Member
thanks guys but i'm trying to do something a little bit out of the norm, a bit of originality? not many people do anything with the 1 litres, so i do to be different!

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
jaylaw17 WROTE:

"thanks guys but i'm trying to do something a little bit out of the norm, a bit of originality? not many people do anything with the 1 litres, so i do to be different!

No one does down under 'cause we never got the weak CG ;) People with 1.0's in the UK all seem to do the things you have in your list :p

I've seen a few 1.0's turbo'd but I can't say i've seen one supercharged. Something to think about ;)

---dens

CMF_ronin_kid

» CMF Member
it all depends on how much your willing to spend really.. £££ = BHP

i've looked into supercharging the CG10 and, short of a lottery win, it doesnt look easy... for a start theres finding a suitable s/c, not easy as almost all are designed for larger cc moters and would need custom pullys to lower the boost, and then theres fitting/set-up etc - never cheap on such projects (just ask Cisco or Solarice lol)..

ITBs would be great option as the CG10's short-stroke design would make it a real screamer, but management and set-up, as well as the t/b's themselves, would be pricey...

turboing has been done, but again its alot for instalation and set-up on top of parts (Micra.Jas made 123hp with his turbo'd CG10, but it cost him over £10k)...

imho good old fashoned n/a tuning would be your best bet - intake/exhaust, cams, get the head skimed/ported, maybe new valves/springs and even remove the rev-limiter.. it'll never be a monster, but with well set-up suspension and brakes, it'd be great fun to drive!.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Looking at the bolt on forced induction kits for the 3 cylinder daihatsu's that exist would probably work as its well trodden ground.

Obviously they will need to be tailored but the engines are small capacity 800cc to 1000cc range so they are designed for smaller cc engines

CMF_jaylaw17

» CMF Member
na tuning was the way i was thinking of going, I'm not trying to build something that will blow everything else on the road away (although that would be nice) I just want a micra that will turn heads and be a life changing experience to drive!

Back