Tire/wheel dia chart

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
Chart shows tire height above standard. NSW RTA allows +15mm taller than the tallest std tire or -15mm shorter than the smallest std tire. Tallest std tyre is 155/80 and smallest is 175/60 x 13".
The excel chart is available if you want to put in a different size,etc.
LWC

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Awesome chart! Thanks!

So my 165/70 r13's are the tallest of them all? (Without being illegal)
I feel somewhat proud :) Just wish there were a little wider!

Attachments

• 11805.jpg
    11805.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Toma what you doing with those tyres on the super s? Super s should be running 175/60R13. They are impossible to find though.

The closest in a 60 profile performance tyre is Yokohama A539 which is a 185 width. Not too wide to be dangerous enough to peel off the rim either.

155/70R13 is normal LX/SLX sizes and are easy to find in basic budget tyres.

I was going to go back to 13" rims but $136 fitted for the A539's... I think not.

I'm going to stick with 15" rims in a 195/50 profile which in QLD is ILLEGAL as the overall rolling diameter has increased too much. 195/45R15 are super rare in decent rubber and are also illegal in QLD by 2mm.

That is on a super S.

My solution is to merge a Super S tyre placecard with an LX/SLX tyre placecard. 175/70R13 standard.

Muahaha. Not 100% legal but its not dangerous.

195/50 profiles open me up to performance tyres like the Bridgestone Potenza GIII for $125 fitted or the Firestone WideOval for $115 fitted...

There's my ramble which is applicable to QLD'ers anyway.

Attachments

• 11809.jpg
    11809.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
this is obviously will vary in each state.

In QLD:

The rim diameter may be varied from the standard size
but the overall diameter of the tyre must not vary by
more than +15mm or -26mm.

and...

The maximum tyre width for a car or car derivative must
not be more than 1.3 times the vehicle manufacturer’s
widest optional tyre.

aftet reading that, i reckon allot of members probably have technically illegal tyres,

*also remember the SuperS came with smaller diameter factory tyres but with wider tread,

Alex

Attachments

• 11810.jpg
    11810.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 15

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi "Yom",

I am surprised you have had a lot of trouble finding 175/60 R13 tyres... There isn't a lot of choice but last time (six months ago) I had three options. Falken, Yokohama A539 & Nankang have tires available in this size.

I have dealt with "The Tyre Factory" in Springwood and "Tyre Solutions" near Harbourtown in Southport. These places will be able to source them.

Both the Falken & Yokohama were around $120-130 fitted. The Nankangs were around $80-$90. It's an unusual size so none of them are 'cheap'.

Great table LWC !.

With regards to the maximum legal size of tyres I believe that the standard 155/70R13 tyres would be the benchmark (as all alloys were effectively 'optional' from the factory).

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I find the bigger profile gives a smoother ride, however marginal it is. I had some old 60 profile ones and was cautious when the guy at The Tyre Factory said a 70 would work too. After about 5 km's of driving, i got the picture. Without any after-market springs and stuff, the 70's gave a little more bounce on the freeway. Im not trying to make my Micra a 100bhp or anything, just a nice little nice. (and thats my 2 cents)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi makes,

Yokohama havent't totally discountinued the A539 just yet. From what I understand they still make the A539 in sizes that the C.Drive doesn't fill.

That's what I'm told by a Yoko dealer local to me anyway.

Curse our car's weird sizes.

Back