The end of the line for an outstanding K11?

Is anyone interested in granting my 1998 1.3GX a further lease of life? With an immaculate interior and a far quicker than standard performance, it successfully competed in national SPD and HSA REIS sprinting and hillclimbing championships from 2007 to 2011, winning its class in 4 of those 5 seasons, and many class FTDs.
It has spent most of the last 18 months with my son in Glasgow, which may have been its undoing!
It has failed the MOT, due to rusted cills on both sides, and is uneconomic for me to have repaired.
One rear brake is binding and it needs the sump cover replaced.
But for someone wanting a nice car or to continue its sporting adventures, who could get the repairs done economically, they'd have a sprightly car that still looks really presentable outwardly and a beautiful interior. And everything works, such as sunroof, electric windows, radio/cassette etc.!
I know it's not worth much as straight scrap, but its condition and mechanical superiority means it needs to be saved.
It is currently riding on the original 5J steel wheels shod with one third worn Kuhmo Solus 175 x 60 tyres, which suit it perfectly and proved to be the best all round tyre available for both road use and Class A1 MSA motor sport. Plastic wheel trims available too.
Also available are a set of 4 virtually as new high quality AEZ 13" alloy wheels, 5.5J, fitted with fairly well worn Falken 185 x 60 ZE512 tyres. These were used in sport for a while until the slightly extra overall weight penalty was seen to not be sufficiently offset by improved roadholding!
The car has a K&N air induction system and a slightly larger bespoke stainless steel exhaust system, both of which clearly play a big part in the car's amazing performance. 0-60 has been timed in 10.5 seconds and it is now a genuine 100+mph car, giving it the ability to better the likes of Rover 25/MG ZA, small-engined Mazda MX5, MGA, Sprites and Midgets, as well as assorted other sporting machines depending on driver skill and weather conditions, on most hillclimb and sprint courses! I still have all the deep-set wrinkles from having a constant grin!
It also has a removable Sabelt three-point full racing harness - effective and still OK for club events or autotests, but no longer permitted under MSA regs.
As for price, how about an offer north of £400 for the lot?
The car is in Suffolk, and is still totally drivable (current MOT expires on the 7th January).

Attachments

• 03. CIMG4537 - Copy.JPG
    03. CIMG4537 - Copy.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 381
  • 02. CIMG1760 - Copy.JPG
    02. CIMG1760 - Copy.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 408
OP
OP
R
Would you swap this for a 2005 Skoda superb?
Hi, Davey. I have done a deal with the Motor Sport and Vehicle Prep division of Banbury & Bicester University.
They will repair the car, possibly develop it a bit more and then use it in Motor Sport - at each stage as an education tool!
But thanks for the interest!