timing belt

hi just had a quote of £410 from a nissan dealer for a cambelt change , is this a fair price .Would i be better of buying the kit and going to a local garage.
I live in Jarrow if anyone could recommend someone ?
Ive seen the kits on ebay for around £60 , are these ok or should i buy the kit from nissan. Any advice would be much appreciated .

that sounds about right for a dealer price, you will always pay about double the labour rate compared to a small garage eh, and as long as its a branded belt the kits are usually fine :)

Don't mean to hijack OP's thread but I have a K12 (2003) 1.2 Micra, and I'm trying to find out if it has a timing belt or a chain. One garage I rang said it was a chain and didn't need replacement, this seems to agree with other stuff on the internet I've read about timing chain issues on the early K12's.

I haven't had any problems with it and it's running fine. It's done about 60k miles and been serviced regularly but if it's got a belt it's probably about time it was changed.

Can anyone tell me for definite if it's belt or chain?
Thanks
limby

Don't mean to hijack OP's thread but I have a K12 (2003) 1.2 Micra, and I'm trying to find out if it has a timing belt or a chain. One garage I rang said it was a chain and didn't need replacement, this seems to agree with other stuff on the internet I've read about timing chain issues on the early K12's.

I haven't had any problems with it and it's running fine. It's done about 60k miles and been serviced regularly but if it's got a belt it's probably about time it was changed.

Can anyone tell me for definite if it's belt or chain?
Thanks
limby

yours has a chain limby :) (lumpy,s is a diesel iirc)

Back