Throttle judder

The throttle on my '53 K12 dci is getting 'sticky'. low revs/first thing its noticeably juddery, then on motorway cruising in 5th you can take your foot off and it'll judder then re-accelerate and theres a single judder.
Anyone know of a likely cause? EGR valve was cleaned out a month ago

D.

Last edited:
Hmmm not sure what that could be
...mine (also a dci) often judders in first gear as I pull away but only for the first five minutes, before the engine warms up, I just figured I wasn't applying enough accelerator :p
...never had a judder at higher speed than 4 or 5 MPH so having what you experienced in 5th gear is...odd to say the least o_O
sorry I'm not actually helpful in this situation, Guy may know a possible cause...if he's around this evening...He seems to be the K12 go to guy, and he has a diesel now too ;)
good luck, I hope it's nothing serious

I imagine its just a throttle body that needs a clean or something - its less of a judder and more like a knock - although there isn't a noise - hard to explain. Might just be the gears 'settling' as they're not being driven by the engine and probably nothing to worry about - probably a que to look at the box oil as its on 110k miles now and as far as i know has never been changed....
other than that the old shed is fine.. Need to get a dry evening to get the front wiper apart and replace the connecting rod as it knocks on the A-pillar and the front panel which is daunting in the rain (its packed up completely once before and was repaired using a nut and bolt... tidy)

ah...a knock eh?...not often a good sign <_< I think i kinda know what you mean...it's noticeable but not horendous...like a sort of feedback through the pedal?

This is Guy's K12 website http://www.micrak12.com/ (I'm sure he won't mind it being pimped out a bit :p)
If you click on the last full stop . ...of the homepage you will download a PDF K12_micra_service_manual...not sure which section/s will help but it's a handy thing to have for sure ;)

I think i may be the only K12 owner who's wiper linkage or motor hasn't packed up at all yet, just lucky i guess, had a blade split but that's about it :p
(Mine's a 55 plate with 75K on the clock)
I think the only bad luck i've had with her was last winter the OS headlamp bulb went...and i had to change it in the dark *facepalm*
...not fun in daylight..let alone by torchlight...my dad helped as usual though...but i have smaller hands and had to do the actual fitting part
*Is so proud* :p

yes frank there fly by wire the first call would probbably to code read it to see if it has any fault codes on, you could also look at the clear fuel pipes around the fuel pump while its running and check for aair in the system

Yeah feedback explains it better. its probably always done it and i've not noticed it since driving it more often. Be 'reet.. i'll just keep m'foot in and
Changing the bulbs is a serious farse!! and that was in daylight. the wipers packed up on a wet drive home from Sheffield.

Last edited:
Back