Those of you with bonnet protectors....

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
Can you show me how yours is mounted? Mine didn't come with a fitting kit, I tried to jimmy something up today but it didn't really work, if I could see the factory mount kit I will try and replicate it, any help appreciated..

Cheers
Kyle

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
They use like a plastic lug, that expands when you wind a screw into it, then that screw acts as the mount for the bonnet protector, which slips over that screw and then a nut of sorts goes over the screw to hold on the protector.

It's going to be a pain to replicate by my guess, but maybe possible, I tried to get rid of my bonnet and headlight protectors, but no one ever got back to me or showed any interest on ebay, go figure.

Attachments

• 73069.jpg
    73069.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 22

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
Haha yeah I was watching them on eBay, do you still have them? Does the bonnet protector have the fittings? Cheers for the pic too!

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Yeah none of it sold, so it's just gathering more dust, I took that pic about 5mins before I posted it, so fittings are still there, or at least I found one of them, the other I think is buried under some other junk.

Note the fittings are actually a bit of a pain, they made the screw and nut out of soft alloy of all materials, so they corrode weld together, one of mine took some effort to remove, though it's still fine.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
I just took some pics of mine, but I probably won't bother putting them up now. I have 1.5 originals. You can have them for 2 dollars plus postage from perth. My protector broke and has been chucked out.

Back