This made me CRACK UP

I think it was, i've been looking at it a few times, and it really does just look like some guys were just street skating and hear the brakes screech, and look round to see whats going on

wilsonian said:
Classic!!!!

do you think she feel asleep on the crossing as she kind jolts on the crossing.
That's what I thought!

However, the beep of a large Mercedes can also make you jump, she was almost certainly slouched down before he beeped lol

but that ain't an air bag. they don't stay inflated like that and it would have knocked him out anyway... sorry guys its fake :(

also the sensor for impact is in the wheel. (i know i took my airbag apart) it is a spring loaded switch that makes a contact under sudden movement...

yeah i know tony. me and him are best mates - although he did ask if I wanted an orgy at downing street. Kinda scary so keeping my distance.

It's a shame it's fake as it is funny :D

goldstar0011 said:
why? emabrassing you jimmy?

A merc would have more airbags wouldn't it?
Yeah i'd imagine so, but they only go off if it is deemed they need to I think.

My mate had a Megane (which had like 4 airbags lol) and the side ones don't go off if you are in a front on impact as there is no need for them.

I think thats how it works anyway.

As for the other comment you made, no not embarrased, but this isn't the place for discussing such things and you all know it :p

It's funny how people are debating whether it's real though!

Let me guess "it's a family forum", well don't worry, am sure all the children are at school, hahahaha

goldstar0011 said:
It's funny how people are debating whether it's real though!
Real or not, it's still funny!

goldstar0011 said:
Let me guess "it's a family forum", well don't worry, am sure all the children are at school, hahahaha
Yeah but I try to refrain from using that phrase as much now as it's turned into a bit of a cliché!

Well what about Fight Club - i know it's a flim but it's been done before - they go round with bats setting the air bags off.

As for the other comment you made, no not embarrased, but this isn't the place for discussing such things and you all know it

If we all followed the rules then what would you do all day?

You know you love that delete button! hehe

wilsonian said:
Well what about Fight Club - i know it's a flim but it's been done before - they go round with bats setting the air bags off.
I thought that was just to set off the car alarms! May have to watch that again when I get home

wilsonian said:
If we all followed the rules then what would you do all day?

You know you love that delete button! hehe
First rule about deleting posts: You do not talk about deleting posts!

We only delete what needs to be deleted hehe

I thought that was just to set off the car alarms! May have to watch that again when I get home

Notice some air bags go off as well ;)

Well thats the point i hope - haven forbid you go round deleting posts for the fun of it :D

James said:

First rule about deleting posts: You do not talk about deleting posts!

whats the second rule about deleting posts?.... doh! forgot we're not allowed to talk about it lol

NeX said:
also the sensor for impact is in the wheel. (i know i took my airbag apart) it is a spring loaded switch that makes a contact under sudden movement...

The airbag motion sensors are not located in the steering wheel.. :p

The airbag motion sensor is mounted in the vehicle. I think in the K11 it is in the dash, attached firmly to the floorpan.

its fake

the airbag sensors work on the rate of de-acceleration

for example, travelling 50mph and hitting a lamppost, you would just stop dead and de-acceleration is very fast.

i still laughed my breast off tho

hughes_16v said:
its fake

the airbag sensors work on the rate of de-acceleration

for example, travelling 50mph and hitting a lamppost, you would just stop dead and de-acceleration is very fast.

altogther its fake it made me laugh

surely if u were sat at the lights and somone ploughed into u it would set it off too there would be no decceleration in that instance

Yom said:
The airbag motion sensors are not located in the steering wheel.. :p

The airbag motion sensor is mounted in the vehicle. I think in the K11 it is in the dash, attached firmly to the floorpan.

are you sure?

if you take the air bag out you will find a metal unit that the airbag plugs into then that unit plugs into the ribon cable that is wound round the collum. if you take that unit apart, in the corner is a white plastic box. inside the box is what looks like a ferrite ring mounted on a plastic spoke with a spring attached to it... i think the ring moves over a reed switch as it moves down.

i have had my car in bits including no dash and i haven't seen this box thing... but then i wans't looking ;)

Its fake, the airbag inflated far too slowly, its not from the centre of the wheel, and cars use multiple methods of detection to stop false triggering like this. (the sensors are not on the front bumper) etc etc etc still funny tho :)

NeX said:
i have had my car in bits including no dash and i haven't seen this box thing... but then i wans't looking ;)

No I'm not sure where the K11's airbag sensors are. Previous vehicles I have found them on, they were located under each of the front seats (dual airbag Y61 Patrol) with little dust boxes around them. N15 Pulsar (almera) with drivers airbag, i found its sensor under the driver's seat also.

I havent gone looking for the micra's sensor but I don't believe it would be positioned within the steering column itself. There's movement in that whole column in an accident, typically the sensors are mounted on a solid surface which doesn't deform in an accident.

ed said:
(the sensors are not on the front bumper) etc etc etc still funny tho
They were on some late 80's/early 90's american cars. lol silly buggars.

Yom said:
No I'm not sure where the K11's airbag sensors are. Previous vehicles I have found them on, they were located under each of the front seats (dual airbag Y61 Patrol) with little dust boxes around them. N15 Pulsar (almera) with drivers airbag, i found its sensor under the driver's seat also.

I havent gone looking for the micra's sensor but I don't believe it would be positioned within the steering column itself. There's movement in that whole column in an accident, typically the sensors are mounted on a solid surface which doesn't deform in an accident.

They were on some late 80's/early 90's american cars. lol silly buggars.

fair enough :)

i suppose over in Oz you don't get many micras with air bags yea? the super s didn't have them only the "super S 2" lol your probably right it will probably be under the seat or something didn't really look very hard...

it can't be real cos my gf has a clk500 over in new orleans and she pretended to run me over (as you do) so i kicked the front bumper and the airbag never went off

ps. wow what a machine btw

sonic said:
Im going to manchester merc tomorrow with a tescos bag full of bricks:devil:

good man :D try swinging the bag at the windows too ;) you know, just to "check"

Back