this just cost me £10

bobsp16

Site Supporter
I have been looking around for a new shell for next years racing and just won a good j reg k10 1.0 on ebay for £10 what a bargain...

ebay item number 4593333268

I no that the engine is shot,but thats better for me as it will get scraped but its got 11 month mot

so what iam going to do is put all my race car bits on it.

this is what will be on it for the winter and it will help me run the new engine in
(RES) ma12 cl/2 race engine (new)
one off inlet manifold to take a set off bike carbs
4 into 1 stainless exhaust manifold with a 2" system with a single motorbike end can all this should be good for about 90bhp @wheels
new geartek 5 speed s5 gearbox
front suspension will be one off avo adjustable coilovers and the rear will have gaz adjustable coilovers

And when its all together hopefully over the christmas holiday i will come to one of these er meets you talk about

thats my plan mark build a standard looking k10 even though it will be very low looking and have only 14" alloys but be well fast

now that is a bargain! nice one :D

but do tell me what is this??
new geartek 5 speed s5 gearbox

i wasn't aware of uprated gearbox's for the k10 ;)

you can have any gearbox uprated but this is a fully recon box thats had its selecter mest about with which allows us to make fast gear change and fitted with an lsd gripper diff.

bobsp16 said:
you can have any gearbox uprated but this is a fully recon box thats had its selecter mest about with which allows us to make fast gear change and fitted with an lsd gripper diff.

how much is one of them

paul_k10_Lx said:
how much is one of them

gearbox is £450 and diff is £580 fitted in box its also alot stronger than standard,before i used them i smashed 2sc gear in 5 boxes in one years racing

Mark said:
You should have you were after a shell bob, I would have given you my other Super S,

thanks mark but i like to use a shells with no sunroof and all 1.2s have them also this ones not to far away about an half hours drive

bobsp16 said:
gearbox is £450 and diff is £580 fitted in box its also alot stronger than standard,before i used them i smashed 2sc gear in 5 boxes in one years racing

bloody hell thats expensive for 3 of them you could get a super turbo ;) with an already uprated gearbox and LSD

Woah, bargain mate!!! Plans sound interesting too, would be kool to see 90 at the wheels. Keep us updated as to how you get on.

bobsp16 said:

Thats interesting, I didnt think they made a gripper diff for the K10, is it intended for a different model but just happens to fit the K10? What else have they done to the gearbox to make it stronger? How does the clutch hold out?
Sounds an interesting project keep us updated.

Craig

k11 1.0 clutch's fit the k10 and although they are the same it is possiable to get a nismo cluth for the k11 1.0 and therefore the k10 should be able to cope with more power

Thats exactly why I was wondering. If the standard clutch is okay then there is no point going for the Nismo clutch which would be very expensive to buy and import.

the standard k11 clutch may be better quality than its k10 counter part, then again they could be identical, but i know some k11 1.0 owners have put upwards of 70 bhp through theres with no probs

tbh im sure the clutch can handle the power but will just wear a bit quicker the gear box is the problem but if the box was taken apart im sure gear from another nissn could fit inside like a cherry or sunny

What is it that actually breaks with the k10 box? I know Bob said 2nd but it's probably the bearings that aren't up to the task rather than the actual gears.

AMY said:
What is it that actually breaks with the k10 box? I know Bob said 2nd but it's probably the bearings that aren't up to the task rather than the actual gears.

All my problems come under racing conditions i no but i have never had bearings go.unless you run low on gear oil.

Back