This is tempting but....

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
i was looking in the autotrader and came across this :grinning:

however there are certian things that are putting me off :-(

the colour is something im not very keen on, but then i cant really be picky....ITS AN SR micra lol.

i was going to be getting a possible "nippon tuning" front bumper, which was going to go on my micra now(thats if i get it), but i dont know the colour code for this green? anybody know the colour code for this car, is it on that silver plate under the bonet?

if i dont get the bumper then the standard sr bumper will do fine :)

so do i go for "looks" and possible keep my 1.0L micra and possible wait for a bodykit im never going to get (maybe) OR do i go for perfromance, buy the SR and get manifold exhuast and make it 100bhp :grinning: ???

cheers
napster

SR aren't the most amazing Micra, don't get why people get excited over them, hopefully has rear discs and PAS, thats something to be excited over.
I will say though that SR's seem to be looked after due to being "top model" so are usually in good condition.

100BHP from adding a manifold?
MOre like a full stainless steel setup and some tuning.

Overall thats a good price for an SR, I persoanlly love the the SR/SuperS bumpers but the Nippon one is different.

Good luck with what you decide

goldstar0011 said:
I will say though that SR's seem to be looked after due to being "top model" so are usually in good condition.
Try telling that to the person that owned mine before me! :(

Anyone thats seen the bent crossmember, or heard the insanely loud chain rattle on mine will know what i mean!

goldstar0011 said:
SR aren't the most amazing Micra, don't get why people get excited over them, hopefully has rear discs and PAS, thats something to be excited over.

100BHP from adding a manifold?
MOre like a full stainless steel setup and some tuning.

Overall thats a good price for an SR, I persoanlly love the the SR/SuperS bumpers but the Nippon one is different.

Good luck with what you decide

cheers goldstar for your comments.

regarding "100bhp" on manifold and exhaust, i do feel i over estimated that, but ther was a "descusion on just the manifold and exhaust" and it seem a few people new about the bhp mod?????

rear disks???? lush, didnt know that. i also didnt know they did an SR in a 1997 model

napster

Yeah, they facelifted at 1998, so it's a late edition SR :)

If it has rear discs and ABS i'd say go for it as that IS a rare SR, I nearly bought a blue one with rear discs, ABS and power steering when I was looking but I was too late :(

rallybunny said:
Ooooh, I was looking at that one in the Autotrader the other day. There's a white Super S for sale up near me. On an L plate for £995.

ur located in plymouth arent you?
is it nice?
thats not in autotrader?

i might go and see it anyway :grinning: just to see what its like?
what else would tell its an SR apart from "SR" on rear boot lol and interia?

James said:

Anyone thats seen the bent crossmember, or heard the insanely loud chain rattle on mine will know what i mean!

i agree that james car sucks

Layla

Napster said:
The sporty seats, green dials with rev counter, 60/40 split rear seats, front foglights, fully colour coded... :)

Napster said:
ur located in plymouth arent you?
is it nice?
thats not in autotrader?

i might go and see it anyway :grinning: just to see what its like?

I'm from near Torquay. The car's in Newton Abbot, about 30ish miles past Plymouth. It's just round the corner from my work, so I might pop up there one day. It's 68 miles from you - Clicky .

James said:

You were trying to tell me bout that timing chain when we were in the Tesco car park, although i couldn't quite hear you over some rattly noise, think it was coming from your car :eek:

LMAO tell me about it mate, it's only got worse since then. I've done about 6000 miles since I met you at Tesco!!

James said:
The sporty seats, green dials with rev counter, 60/40 split rear seats, front foglights, fully colour coded... :)

green dials?? is that for all SRs? or does it corrispond with colour of car, so yours are black???

yeh so going back to it, with the "manifold, exhaust, good induction" i would see around 90bhp i know its off topic and its been discussed, buts is spending around £500 on those mods worth the 15bhp increase??

cheers

No, all SRs have green dials, here's a picture of mine:

128465128_e01ef54375.jpg

James said:
No, all SRs have green dials, here's a picture of mine:

128465128_e01ef54375.jpg

james your SR is lush!!!
your car in black is sweet. and with the LED rear lights :)
thats another thing, i dont know what the LED rear lights will look like on this green micra and my BLACK/ grey NISMO ALLOYS???

any body think it will look odd or good?? hard to tel;l isnt it without fitting them
napster

If you not totally happy with the colour, wait! You will never totally be happy with the car if the colour isn't right. I waited 4 months after crashing my old blue SR to find my current black one. Having said that they are getting old now and more and more rarier...

JayY said:
If you not totally happy with the colour, wait! You will never totally be happy with the car if the colour isn't right. I waited 4 months after crashing my old blue SR to find my current black one. Having said that they are getting old now and more and more rarier...

i do agree on this cause if it was "black or white" i would probably snap up such a good offer, but because its a "green", im not sure it will look right with the mods from my car now, and if "I" look good driving a green micra lol.
still not sure what to do. will wait and see if i get this bodykit front bumper and go from there me thinks.
thanks everyone
napster

James said:
Why not ring them up and arrange a test drive mate?

That's the only way you can be sure :)

that is a cunning plan james lol. i might just pop round and see the BEATS for my self :) ill probably end up buying it anyway lol

allan: ill let you know what happens etc. dont you live MILES away though??

napster

Do it dude. Your rims will still look phat on the green.

Look at all the extras you will be getting - sports seats, in dash tacho, a proper tilt and slide sunroof, possibly abs/powersteer/aircon, AIRBAG (can you put a price on your safety?), rear disc axle... Lots of other LITTLE things as well. Like the auto dimming interior light, the indicator and wiper stalks feel so much nicer than what would be in your current car. Interior plastics are nicer, classy looking standard 6 speaker stereo, drivers footrest, remote fuel flap/tailgate release, internal rear hatch handle (increddlibly handy)...

There's a few more nifty little things too. My car is essentially a UK SR and I bought mine purely because of all the little extras it had over the other models available in australia.

Seriously napster... DO IT. Car and rims can resprayed if its that bad... but IMO your nismo rims and that colour would go together very, very well (so long as you chuck some lowered springs in there hehe)

Yom said:
Do it dude. Your rims will still look phat on the green.

Look at all the extras you will be getting - sports seats, in dash tacho, a proper tilt and slide sunroof, possibly abs/powersteer/aircon, AIRBAG (can you put a price on your safety?), rear disc axle... Lots of other LITTLE things as well. Like the auto dimming interior light, the indicator and wiper stalks feel so much nicer than what would be in your current car. Interior plastics are nicer, classy looking standard 6 speaker stereo, drivers footrest, remote fuel flap/tailgate release, internal rear hatch handle (increddlibly handy)...

There's a few more nifty little things too. My car is essentially a UK SR and I bought mine purely because of all the little extras it had over the other models available in australia.

Seriously napster... DO IT. Car and rims can resprayed if its that bad... but IMO your nismo rims and that colour would go together very, very well (so long as you chuck some lowered springs in there hehe)

YOM: you are a legend lol!!!! well that speech just wants me to ring them up right now, no test drive required lol.

i must admit ive been looing at the green and its growing on me :) i think the NISMO ALLOYS may look good to but its still a hard thing to judge? the LED rear lights, might look good also, but without fitting them (meaning i go buy it now) or photoshoping all the parts on i wont know?

cheers again.

Napster said:
that is a cunning plan james lol. i might just pop round and see the BEATS for my self :) ill probably end up buying it anyway lol

allan: ill let you know what happens etc. dont you live MILES away though??

napster

Yeh, Edinburgh to truro = 533 miles, i'd come down for it if i liked it though.

My problem is waiting on the insurance pay out for my current car, but if you test drive it and its nice let me know. Im mainly thinking about sills/cross member due to it being Cornwall.

Also let me know the condition of the bodywork, any dents etc.

All of the above is only appropriate if you decide against it though :)

By the way Napster, you probably won't get aircon, they weren't standard on the UKDM SRs :)

Aussie Super S's came with like every optional extra possible! :)

Allan said:
Yeh, Edinburgh, i'd come down for it if i liked it though.

My problem is waiting on the insurance pay out for my current car, but if you test drive it and its nice let me know. Im mainly thinking about sills/cross member due to it being Cornwall.

Also let me know the condition of the bodywork, any dents etc.

All of the above is only appropriate if you decide against it though :)

i understand mate.
sorry about ur crash, hopefully it wont be to long then before you can get another micra :)

ill check crossmembers etc before i buy it. somehow i reckon ill forget all about the crossmember once ive seen it lol, or playing with the sunroof will make me forget.

no worries on aircon lol, ill have windows and sunroof open. do they have electric windows? or is that only on 1998+models?

napster

James said:
Yes they do have electric windows :)

And central locking, and an immobiliser! :)

ohh please stop, ur making me cry with all these features I COULD BE PLAYING WITH lol

i did have an immobiliser but i had it disconnected when my car decided it wasnt going to turn the bloody thing off and wouldnt start :-( at least i was close to home though.

Ahh you see this is NATS, Nissan's own immobilizer, relys on a chip in the ignition key to allow the engine to start :cool:

James said:
Ahh you see this is NATS, Nissan's own immobilizer, relys on a chip in the ignition key to allow the engine to start :cool:

im confused mate.
ive read post about the NATS thing but i never formally understood that.

yeh, well it was quite funny when the RED LIGHT DIDNT STOP BLINKING which meant i couldnt start the damn car lol.
cost me £50 toget it disconnected, but still have the red light blinking away to stop theives (shh i didnt tell you that)

has ur SR james got rear disks???
where there many with them made? also did any SUPER S have rear disks?
naps

Rear discs were an optional extra (and if you chose it you also got ABS). I don't think the Super S's had this option, but i'm not sure. Mine doesn't have them :( lol

NATS is basically Nissan Anti Theft System, and is an immobiliser (or alarm and immobiliser on later cars) and is still used to this day I think.

thanks for that james and to everybody else!!!!

i know i keep going on about it, so my apologies for that, but ill wait and see about this SR MICRA :-( ill ring up possibly later or 2morow.

its just the colour thats putting me off :-( i suppose i shoulndt let that be a problem. i dont know about this bodykit either now :-(
i would love to add janspeed manifold and exhaust and show some corsa, saxo boys some MICRA WOOPING, but that would mean gettin this green one lol
well enough said, lets see what happens :)
napster

ohh no. there is a problem. no-one spotted it, but then i suppose nobody would have but if you look on the advertisment in autotrader for this car
"the phone number has only 10numbers" :-(

guessing its a sign lol. ill have a look in the magazine and see what that number is.
napster

So annoying, all the SuperS' and SR's seem to be north, it's impossible to find a decent priced one south of the midlands. Been looking for another K11 for ages, and am now looking at 1.0's just to get one, then shoving my 1.3 in as a compromise..........grrrrr

The SuperS did have an opition for the ABS.... personaly... i would wait for another colour 2 pop along.... took me ages to find mine... lol i really dont like the interior colour of the SRs :D lol

runaway-robot said:
The SuperS did have an opition for the ABS.... personaly... i would wait for another colour 2 pop along.... took me ages to find mine... lol i really dont like the interior colour of the SRs :D lol

well the only reason i wanted an 1.3, was to add a "manifold and exhuast" and see about 90bhp (sorry for keeping saying it).
the only other colours that are available around where i live are the 1996, red colour ( :-( ) with black bumpers :). anybody who has that colour micra, my apologies for saying the above!! anyway i wouldnt look good in a red micra lol.

i suppose i would prefer i quicker car, than a micra that was bodykitted and was alittle slow????
im also not quite sure on the interia of the SR, but then its better than the GREY SEATS in my micra now!

p.s the phone number is correct, my bad.
napster

Napster, nowt wrong with the colour, i was actually after a red one but when i saw this i had to have it.

Here's my 1.3i but someone kindly stuck on an Sri badge

f5_1_b.jpg

24_1_b.jpg

8e_1_b.jpg

6b_1_b.jpg

2c_1_b.jpg

Oh I remember this one on ebay, the guy was claiming it was actually an SRi from Nissan wasn't he? At first I wasn't sure whether to believe that or not, but in the FAST electronic parts catalogue for the K11 they do list an SRi badge!

thats right, not knowing about these little cars, i was sucked in but, hey it drives like a dream, flew through its MOT the other week and love the colour and the mrs always wants to go out in her, only thing its lacking IMO is power steering.

With better pictures it shows what a lovely colour that actually is by the way, I'd have certainly been tempted by it if I didn't have mine now!

As for power steering, I see what you mean but at the end of the day it's a tiny car hehe

IT might be small but believe me - the power steering makes a world of difference....

Do it naps!! True about the only thing not to like about them is the interior fabric. Chunky dog spew green I call it. :D

BUt that can be fixed quite easily with seat covers and sticking bit of fabric over the door trims. :)

MINI BEAST: your micra is LUSH. i didnt know it was that colour!!
that is real nice colour now :love:
well ill ring up and see what they have to say :) ill find out if it has rear disks, but i doubt it.

cheers guys
napster

Back