Things to service

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Just trying to think of things to check for replacment on the micra. Heres a pic of one of the belts, seems abit cracked, the other wider belt seems okay > just shiney on the back, like the idler pully has polished it right up.

So im guessing this belt needs replacing?

if you can think of things should be checked in a major service, post them up.

Alex

Attachments

• 18100.jpg
    18100.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Does anyone remember that scan of a Nissan Service table that applied to all nissans with some model specific stuff. I posted it up in someones post a few months back, i think i orignally got it from a Uk member. It had the service intervals for everything up to 100'000KM

Think I lost it awhile back with all my micra related info i had gathered over time,

Cheers,

Alex

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Alex, yes I can confirm that this belt does need replacing. Bosch make some suitable belts that fit they micra and these are readily available fairly cheaply from "supercheap" & autobarn... but I recommend you to actually measure and/or take the belt with you to the shop.

I was caught out once as there is an error in the bosch catalogue about the correct belt to use for a micra with P/S but no A/C.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
If you want the ultimate belt get the correct size and see if pies.com.au have that size in the Goodyear Gatorback range. That is what my supercharger belt is and they were made for this purpose.A lot stronger, less stretch. Price no dearer than normal belt. I sent an order to Pies Aust and belt turned up in 2 days.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm good point. I better check my belts.

I need new spark plugs very shortly too.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
White Knight WROTE:

"If you want the ultimate belt get the correct size and see if pies.com.au have that size in the Goodyear Gatorback range. That is what my supercharger belt is and they were made for this purpose.A lot stronger, less stretch. Price no dearer than normal belt. I sent an order to Pies Aust and belt turned up in 2 days.

I'm happy to have actually helped someone with a recommendation!! lol

Glad they're still working out for you. :)

Hmm in other news, while inspecting my handiwork on the power steering pipe, I found a black rubber pipe in a nice high temperature area just above the oil filter which made some funky noises when i squeezed it. I think its time to replace this little'un before it splits and dumps my coolant into the environment...

As per usual I'll take pictures and post them up. Might have to make a consolidated what breaks for yom thread. :p

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Cisco go NKG iridium spark plugs and gap em 0.8mm. Normal gapping 0.9mm but on forced Micras should close em up a bit.Both Hack/Whitey run em and after pulling Hacks out after a year to inspect they were like new.

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks for the advice White Knight. Will go that way then.

Might order them this week, and also get some cheap tyres for these pulsar wheels and slam them on the car.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
yeh i have the NGK Iridium IX, got 50K on them so far, they look great. Box said they last 60K. With turbo i think you just get one heat range cooler than std micra ones, im not sure if that is a bigger or smaller number in NGK, think its bigger, so a BKR6 maybe?

Alex

Back