The 5-door 'Super S' & Pics [Finally!;)]

edzmen

Ex. Club Member
Well i got my car back from the bodyshop yesterday and i think it looks GREAT with

the full Super S kit!!

Im not sure if its still the only 5 door Super S in the club? But i think Nissan only made

the original 3-door versions in red or black, so silver makes a nice addition. :)

I got round the little problem of the rear arches overhanging the back door-jars by

getting the shop to cut the overhang and fix it to the door - it works like a dream and

you'd never tell [see pics below]!

The only little niggle beeing the 15'' TSW Rasors rub the arches at the rear - so its

back to the bodyshop again on Monday for the arch lips to be rounded-back [thanks

for your help with this problem guys!;)]... :(

Lemme know what you think - im propper chuffed with her! :)
[It's kind of in honor of Mark's Red Super S which was my first inspiration to create the

car - thanks Mark! ;)]

micrafront16xn.jpg

micrafrontside14hi.jpg

micraback10au.jpg

micrafrontclose19sm.jpg

looks sweet dude, hat off for attempting it with 5 door too, those wheels look sweet too

colour code door handles wing mirrors and spoiler mate, then it may be more like a "5-door super S"

:D

oh adn remove the L on the back ;)

perhaps evenput on a super S spolier on the boot insteadof the one you have? It certainly looks very nice though.

Very nice indeed! Colour coded spoiler and wing mirrors and door handles would finish the car completely!
I like the red and black stickers, its a nice touch, just again, loose the L :p
Maybe a passenger side wing mirror too :p
And a silver sun strip.

Just little things really that would just finish the car!

Looks fab mate!!! Very nice and looks very clean. :D Looks great for a 5 door and the kit fitting looks sweet. :) Will you be going to JAE this year with it?? Nice work. :)

Thanks for all the kind comments guys - really appreciate it! ;)

I do have a standard Super S Spoiler that came with the kit but i decided not to fit it because I prefer the one i've already got. Im not sure how well it would spray-up though because its made of a hard rubber-like substance that flexes quite a bit in the middle. My worry is it may crack the finish if sprayed.

Yes i'd like to tidy it up a little bit more by getting rid of that 'L' on the back and adding a left-hand wingmirror [have you found a price for one yet quickdraw?]...
Im not sure if i'll bother to colour code the door handles and mirrors though. Its kind'o different to a normal Super S with it being a 5-door, so i want to leave some unique features on the car.

No the car isn't lowered Swallow - which is just as well as the rear arches need work to stop the tyres rubbing even with the standard suspension settings - its just the wheels are quite big for a K10.

lol - does that mean its twice as sexy - coz of the double post! :)

Thanks for the comments man! ;)

Dunno if im gonna bother with getting a 'Super S' style interior. I dont realy think it needs it. Ive got some nice blue & black seat upholstry in there at the moment.

Plus they only made 3-door Super Ss - so i wont be able to get rear door cards. But more important than that; Im running low on cash - lol - still dont know how much the rear arch-work will cost...

Oh yeah good point, I forgot the 3-door has longer doors!

Still never mind coz im not doing anything to the interior anyway...

Hi Ed,

That looks fantastic! :) Considering you haven't had the car long... I think you have allready made it look great. :)

-Elliot

Thanks Elliot! :)

Yes, I dont know if you remember some of the early pics i posted of the car after I'd sprayed the standard bumpers? It lookedd ok then but the Super S kit has made a huge improvement to the looks - just as its done to the rear and sides of yours.

I'm gonna post a pic of what it looked like on the day i bought it just to compare. It was the standard black bumpers then... :S

Here's what the car looked like when I bought it in January of this year:
[Thats not me in the car by the way!]

oldfront18wr.jpg

oldback12us.jpg

A bit of a transformation:

micrafront16xn.jpg

Quite a bit of a transformation there mate. :) You were pretty lucky, to get your hands on a super S kit so early. :)

-Elliot

Back