I won the Super S Kit - yay!!!!

edzmen

Ex. Club Member
Ive managed to win the rare complete Super S kit that was listed on Ebay last week.
My aim is to spray it silver to match the rest of my K10, with the main goal beeing to get it looking like a Silver version of Mark's red Super S.
I wanna get the same TSW alloys too, but im not sure if i should get the 14'' or 13'' ones. I heard that the 14'' rub when the car is loaded???

eD

My winning bid was £151 from the auction starting price of £115.

You wouldn't happen to know if the Super S side skirts will fit both the 3 and 5 door K10z would you????

super S only came in 3 door :)

but they should fit the 5 door. the only thing that would stop it doinf so is if the wheel base was sightly off due to the rear door but i believe the rear door still comes up and round the arch at the same angle etc. so should be fine :)

wayne

Thanks for the kind comments guys! :)

Ah, so they're not as rare as i thought then Wayne, three aint bad going! :)

Yeah the lamps come with the front bumper, which i was quite chuffed about...
Im glad they fit the 5 door Micra otherwise that would have made a proverbial f**** up of half the kit, phew! ;)
I had a nasty feeling Nissan only made the Super S in 3 doors as that was the only pics of the car i could find.

What's the best prep to do before spraying the bumpers? I colour coded my original standard bumpers silver to match the car body but the paint wouldnt stick to lots of small patches on the rear bumper leaving it all blotchey. Does anyone know why this was and how id prevent it when i spray the Super S kit??

Thanks,
eD

Get a really good plastic primer, Wayne will probably recommend good stuff to ya, but you need a good primer for the paint to stick to the plastic mate

Daz :alien:

Thanks for that! :)

Does anyone know a good quality plastic primer that i could use and could i get it from Halfords?

Thanks,
eD

What I use is halfords own stuff.. Always comes out perfect..

Remove all fittings, Sand as much as you can... clean dust/dirt till its clean and dry..

Spray plastic primer 2/3 coats..

(White or grey Primer)

and your required silver color on 2/3 coats..

Laquer up...

Bling Bling

( There doin a "3 for 2" offer I think at the moment )

kristian said:

Remove all fittings, Sand as much as you can... clean dust/dirt till its clean and dry..

Spray plastic primer 2/3 coats..

(White or grey Primer)

and your required silver color on 2/3 coats..

Laquer up...

Bling Bling

good advise!!

i would add. cleaning as much as possible before spraying (cellulose thinners or meths are the best for this. (tag rags are also good))
i would also recomend wet and dry sand paper 1200 between each coat to get the perfect finish.

if you have a compressor.. then simply go to paint suppliers for plastic primer by the 1/2 litre, your desired colour 2k,and a good laquer. even better quality.

:)

choice is yours :)

words of advise though!!

preperation is EVERYTHING, pay as much attention to this as possible spraying comes second and is easy!!!

wayne

kristian said:

Spray plastic primer 2/3 coats.. £4.99 a can, depending on how much your spraying you will need 3-5 of these

(White or grey Primer)

and your required silver color on 2/3 coats.. halfords shelf stuff £3.99, mixup stuff £9.99 (much better quality) again will need a good few cans of this

Laquer up... again 2-3 coats for good protection especially since it gonna be in use all the time!!, again good few tins of this, i believe was $4.99 a can aswell last time i got some!!

Bling Bling

for a good professional time taken job (only the best will do ;)) your looking at a good £50 for this. so can colour code other bits around aswell :)
:) wayne

quickdraw said:
if you have a compressor..
then simply go to paint suppliers for plastic primer by the 1/2 litre,£7.89, and will do dash and all other fiddlybits around the interior you can think of
your desired colour 2k, £8.99 1/2 litre, (as above with primer)
and a good laquer. this is the expensice stuff, can vary in price and can only really purchase at a litre a time, ranging from £25-£40 depending on your quality
even better quality professional job. priceless

:)

choice is yours :)

words of advise though!!

preperation is EVERYTHING, pay as much attention to this as possible spraying comes second and is easy!!!

wayne

all in all. if you have a compressor then value for money use the compressor as you will get ALOT more done for the same money your gonna pay for tins each time.

Im almost certain that super s side skirts will not fir a five door as the back part of the skirt will stop the back doors from being opened so that could be a problem mate i could be wrong, IIRC ive seen five doors with the superturbo kit on and thats indential side skirts :p

RE: RE: I won the Super S Kit - yay!!!!

Mat Krazy K10man said:
Im almost certain that super s side skirts will not fir a five door as the back part of the skirt will stop the back doors from being opened so that could be a problem mate i could be wrong, IIRC ive seen five doors with the superturbo kit on and thats indential side skirts :p

Yes i had a feeling the rear arch extension lip may go over the rear door jar and prevent it from opening propperly.
If that does turn out to be the case then i'll just have to sand down the rear plastic arch extensions untill they flush with the door edge.

Or failing that i may just take it to a body shop and get them to fit and paint it in one go.

thats the spirit mate see a problem find and answer :D will be original at least the only 5 door super s in the club? :D

Will it? Wow, a unique first - thats exciting!!

Im just waiting for the full kit to arrive from Germany and then i'll post some pics of the car as soon as its fitted.
Im hoping to get some 14'' TSW alloys like Mark's next- then it should look very nice!

I'll keep you posted!

yeah being first is a cool thing mate IIRC i belive i was the first owner of a k10 Foah Kit too, then wayne turned up :p lol

If it does get in the way of the door, could you not simply put a cut in the arch where the door opens and closes, and bolt / stick etc the kit that you've cut off onto the door! so it looks like a complete arch piece when shut, but splits into three when the door is opened!? Its hard to describe what i mean but hopefully someone can work it out!

i know what you mean and it is exactly the same as what i did with my rear 1/4 panel wide arches

edit: little piccy to demonstarte

7-HPIM0505.JPG

Back