That time has come.......MOT

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Like xmas, birthdays and easter it's now MOT time.

I'm pretty confident the car will pass, unless it's something small, if not that I hate you all :p hehehe

Few little things, boot handle, kinda don't have one as had to clean the recess due to rust, so now i have no handle it means no lights, problem?

Now, the age old question, the CATS, I have a straight through mid CAT replacement, if I remember, this is not a problem, but it will effect emmisions, do those emmisions reducers work? if so, any recommendations?

Can't think of much else really, I wanna get them to tell me what state the brake pipes are if, if they say fine them I can underseal them too, prevention is the best cure.

im sure it will fail on the number plate lights... u normaly fail if u have a bulb out, so i would say u will fail if u have no lights lol :) as for the cat, i would just put the normal one back in :) 5 min job, saves u buying sutff. Even get the guy to fit it for u, before he does ur MOT :D lol

can u not just stick the lights back on and hook them up... then just take them back off after the MOT?

Mot rules say that it would have to have rear number plate lights, they must work and be secure, it doesn't state however that they must illuminate the plate and they can't fail it if they don't.

you will fail on the numberplate lights not been there. your de-cat will be fine mate and wont be a problem, mine was spot on and emissions never changed.

if you like i can pop round and take a look at a few things they check before you take it for the test....

Mine failed today :( i thought it would pass though.

Only a few things though, need new brake pads, rear offside cylinder and possibly shoes at the back, £90 job, but it could have been a lot lot worse.

Wayne said:
Mine failed today :( i thought it would pass though.

Only a few things though, need new brake pads, rear offside cylinder and possibly shoes at the back, £90 job, but it could have been a lot lot worse.
bad luck mate but it could have been worse!!!!

mine will fail on rear number plate light as well i dnt have one at all!!

will talk to the MOT guy see if he can sort it out, he sorted it out this time last year LoL!! :laugh:

Back