Tax is due.. but no letter?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hey all

My car tax is due at the end of this month but i havent had a letter through the post yet! I cant remember if i have to take this letter with me, and they scan something on it, or if i can just turn up at the post office and get one without it

Anyone help?

Ta very mucho.

you do need the letter mate to buy it online or get it from the post office it should arrive 2 weeks before its due at the latest 4 weeks beofre at the soonest so dont worry to much ;)

if it doesn't turn up you can go with your V5 and you insurance and they will do it that way. You will have to fill in a form though

You can do it online without the letter, if you have a new style MOT. You just need some reference number from your V5.....they can check you're insured etc automatically.

ive dont it online but you do need the refrence number that comes on your reminder mate unless there is another way of doing it online now? im almost certain you need that ref number on the reminder 99.999999% sure

I went to do my tax online but it said i couldnt, so the post office here i go.

Still no form so i'l be taking my V5, MOT and insurance and hopefully they'l be able to do something with that. Otherwise, im stuffed!!

Update

All done. Just took the V5, Mot and insurance along to the post office. They scanned the V5 instead of the letter you get through the post and issue tax the same way as usual

Back