tach

Status
Not open for further replies.

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
i have just bought a tachometer or rev gauge. the instructions that come with it tell me how to wire it up to a stand alone coil. however on the micra it is different. how would i wire it up to my 95 k11 micra.

It goes to a wire on the dizzy, the blue one possibly, I really cant remember.

There are two that come out of the top, its one of them ;-)

just out of interest where did you get the 59bhp figure from for your 1.0?

RE: RE: tach

Beachboy said:
just out of interest where did you get the 59bhp figure from for your 1.0?

well i researched it on what car website and it said 59 i later found out that it was 55 but ive put on a k and n and an exhaust so it cant be far off.

ah i see. 54bhp as standard the 1.0, but yeah the K&N gives good increase more like 8bhp+ if relocated. and perhaps 1-2bhp for a good cat back exhaust system.

no its true. i think it was jo who had a dyno with just a K&N bolted on and a cat back exhaust and result was 83bhp at the wheels. so at least 10bhp+ extra at the fly from filter and cat back.

id say the exhaust did most of it i thik the standard filter id pritty efficient

Attachments

• kev.jpg
    kev.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 182
o well untill someone goes to the trouble of doing seperate tests with eah bit we wont know then again they might not yeaild the same results when tested alone each affects the other. i eould say tht together they make 10BHP maybe 4 for just the back box and 3-4 for the filter.

i think a standard 1.3 would make more on most dynos than 75bhp anyway. so it is hard to know real gains. i think a back box on its own would be not make more than 0.5 bhp.

the answer to your question is in the 1st few posts. unless you need to know about power/earth wires etc?

Yes please Beachboy :). I'd like to fit one of these to my Micra if I can.

Matt

BLACK WIRE : EARTH (i assume you can find one)
(UNSURE OF COLOUR) : Goes to the BLUE wire coming out the the distributor(youll have to tap into it)
ALL THE OTHER WIRED: Put them on +12v

Will work fine...

You will need to wire one wire into the dash lights, not 12v otherwise it will be lit all the time :)

i have mine lit all the time its not a problem. but make sure its a switched 12v that only comes on with the ignition i used the +12V and earth for my fag lighter which i dont use.

Hasnt the dash already got the wires and connectors at the back of the dash for a tacho??

hehe, i know i'm bringing this thread back alive after a year, but is there a blue wire for the k10? i unbolted the coil and checked out the wires, but i don't think i saw a blue wire (mind you the wires were pretty dirty) and i think i fried my tach..when i give it power, the needle jumps to 8k and stays there... thanks!

no the K10 has a coil it needs to go to the earth of that black wire.. you can find the coil if you look at the dizzy there will be 5 thick HT leads 4 to spark plugs one to the coilpack the coil will have the HT lead into the top then there is a +ve and -ve terminal on each side of it red and black usually..

Hasnt the dash already got the wires and connectors at the back of the dash for a tacho??

Yes there is for the facelift! Forgotten what colour but its in the haynes manual, the loom just in front the ecu. k11 section, different coils from the k10.

K10 cant be discussed in K11. Its a dead thread

please post a new topic or do a search. Rev counters have been discussed many times

Cheers
Arnold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back