Sway bars

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Personally, unless you could find nismo cheap and in good condition, whiteline would be the go.
Whiteline's quality can be below par (from my exp) - bits arriving poorly made/holes drilled in the wrong spots. But I have whiteline bars on mine.
Nismo would all be 10 years old and mostly overpriced to get from jp (with taxes etc).
As for thickness differences, no idea.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
2 years ago I bought everything whiteline had, camber kit, castor kit, front sway top & bottom, Rear sway Bottom and I had a rear top sway made at my neighbours shop.

Point of story is, they're still running strong in the same vehicle and I've recently driven a stock k11, drives like a BOAT...

In fact earlier today I took a right turn shifting down to 2nd and floored it , slid out just the way it should... felt like ice skating :D

no body roll, no problems in over two years.

EXCEPT : the rear bar is gonna make clunky noises. I suggest you search noise reduction for rear swaybar ;)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
As already said, Whiteline stuff is good because it's available when compared to the Nismo equivalent items and will also be much more cost effective.

From experience I can also say that Whiteline stuff does lack somewhat in the quality department. It's probably less of an issue for your guys over in AUS, but in the UK it's very common to find the paint coming off and rust setting in within 12months of ownership. The dimensional quality control is a little questionable too, it's common for the front swaybars to knock on the front chassis points due to insufficient clearances.

Regarding preferences, from experience I recommend a Whiteline front swaybar coupled with the heavy duty rear swaybar option, as it reduces understeer far more. I strongly suggest backing it up with some of their stronger rear droplinks though, as the standard OEM items wont last long and will be making all sorts of knocking noises after a very short time, (unless you're lucky).

SSUK WROTE:

" paint coming off and rust setting in within 12months of ownership. .

you mean you managed to fit it with the paint still attached! :D. damn mate, reckon you should be up for an award. there paint scratches so easily. you'd think they would powder coat them.

i had some nismo ones at some stage. dunno where they came from but they looked pretty piddly compared to the whiteline ones. plus they arent adjustable. (the nismo ones)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"SSUK WROTE:

" paint coming off and rust setting in within 12months of ownership. ."</div>

you mean you managed to fit it with the paint still attached! :D. damn mate, reckon you should be up for an award. there paint scratches so easily. you'd think they would powder coat them.

i had some nismo ones at some stage. dunno where they came from but they looked pretty piddly compared to the whiteline ones. plus they arent adjustable. (the nismo ones)

Haha, I did get the rear one on without taking any paint off it but not the front one.

Both are powdercoated now though, as is the rear panhard rod. That suffered the same fate and the plating on the threaded end was lousy also. It needed an oxy torch to get that badboy off!

They were re-plated properly and the carbon steel bushes were replaced for stainless items with an additional spacer/support made as an insert on the axle end to stop it rotating under load due to the axle mount being a wasted stem type arrangement.

Been on the car like that for about 3 years now and not an ounce of corrosion to be seen. Probably too costly for Whiteline to do and I have yet to see anything suited to the UK weather anyway ;)

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

"2 years ago I bought everything whiteline had, camber kit, castor kit, front sway top &amp; bottom, Rear sway Bottom and I had a rear top sway made at my neighbours shop.

Point of story is, they're still running strong in the same vehicle and I've recently driven a stock k11, drives like a BOAT...

In fact earlier today I took a right turn shifting down to 2nd and floored it , slid out just the way it should... felt like ice skating :D

no body roll, no problems in over two years.

EXCEPT : the rear bar is gonna make clunky noises. I suggest you search noise reduction for rear swaybar ;)

Pretty sure you think strut braces are sway bars. They are not.

CMF_Whiteline

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,

we were alerted to this post and thought we maybe able to help.

Whiteline offers one of the best customer service hence why we are replying here and we now also offer a limited lifetime warranty as we are that confident in the products now and all the new designs and formula.

The sway bars have never been painted they were always poweder coat but only had one coat.

Now as we are an Australian based company one coat here was always enough and didnt seem a problem until we launched our product into the UK and U.S were salt is used on snowy roads.

In the past few years since discovering they corroded with the salt we reviewed the coating and now any bar purchased the past few years will have three coatings .
They are fist zinc coated then a coat of powder and then a corosive resistant clear.
We hope that helps explain that the flake or paint coming off is an issue of the past

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Attention - Whiteline. I have only been on this website a short while but it seems to me that members of this site provide your company with valuable 'real world R & D' information on possible technical improvements and quality control issues (such as above)which in turn allows you to improve your products in order to make more sales/$$$$.

Members also provide feedback in relation to your competitors products so that you know what you are up against and assist you to continously improve your product lineup/specifications. They also provide positive endorsements of your products which in turn helps boost 'word of mouth sales'...the cheapest and most reliable form of sales'......not only to Micra owners here but abroad, and also to owners of other cars that Whiteline offers products for.

They have also have been great supporters of the product through purchases.

I assume you agree with those comments because if you didn't why would a representative even post responses such as that above ?

Do you return these favours and show your appreciation of this valuable support by giving members of this site any sort of discount on your products ?

Or is it a case of all take and No 'Give' ?

A simple Yes or No will do...... without the marketing spin please. If it is a Yes, can you advise of the form of the discounting. Might i suggest that you may offer a flat discount, a discount that rises the more $$$ are spent,etc. I'll let your companies beancounters/sales/marketing team work the final details of any proposed discounts you may choose to offer. If there are discounts,please also advise how Micra owners can take advantage of this discount and boost your companies sales figures ?

Regards
On behalf of all potential Whiteline product purchasers.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
lol what

pm nsm if you want cheap whiteline stuff pusher, it must have been said in every thread with the word whiteline in it on this site.

regards
fellow micra driver

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"lol what

pm nsm if you want cheap whiteline stuff pusher, it must have been said in every thread with the word whiteline in it on this site.

regards

fellow micra driver

agreed RBLUV

penpusher ive no idea what you are after, just buy whiteline in my experience parts are fine. Also if im right in my thinking, the whiteline parts were developed together with cisco in the early days.

whiteline - thanks for your response, its great to know whiteline are still active in regards to micras. everytime i hear a part is discontinued I buy it :)

Back