Suzuki Ignis Sport

Every Ignis up here is driven about by pretty much idiots. Basically its a on/off throttle the way they get driven here.

I would go with teh 160sr

ignis looks good though. its much much cheaper then a 160, but suzuki's depeciate fast. I think i may be converted, didnt realise they were that good. Have to drive one now to find out :)

they are very good cars in terms of jap reliability and the power for this little box. the look may not be to everyone's taste but its dead cheap. 4-5k you can get a under 15k example.

not forgetting that it comes with recaro seats, MP3 Cd player and a full bodykit, well sort of! kekeke

Not too keen on the interior. o_O Have you considered a Yaris T-sport? I loooove mine, and the performance is pretty similar to the Suzuki or the 160sr. Loads of tuning / body options available for it too.

Mine was £5k and my Micra, for a 51 plate car with 40k miles. Seem to hold their value quite well. You're looking at about £7k for one a couple of years old. The interior is lovely..... you don't really notice all the storage holes once your in. The seats are lovely too, and the interior feels really solid. I took some pics of the interior of my car for someone else last week..... here....about halfway down the page.

I cant find any around my area. Thats the trouble living in West Wales. We only have 1 - 1.2l Micras, Yaris etc.

I've had to give up looking for the Ignis, 160SR and now I cant find a Yaris T-Sport :( All of them seem to be like 100's of miles away.

in some respects they are like the micras (160sr) quick and fun out of the box with an excellent bit of kit and decent mpg.

tbh between these two cars it will come down to personal choice as they are pretty evenly matched performance wise.

but remeber 160 is group 6 insurance and ignis is 9.

Insurance is only £20 more for the Ignis!!. But the Ignis doesent look pretty. It's a box. I've actually fallen in love with a Yaris T-Sport (thanks rallybunny). The trick is to find one!!!!!!

Trung said:
Ignis Sport for sure. It's a rally bred machine and performance is far better than 160SR.

how do you figure that?? both have a 0-60 of mid 8 secs top speed of 115mph the only diff is that the 160 has about 10 lbs more torque and the ignis wieghs about 60kgs less. i'd say they were pretty similar.

yaris t sport: is again similar it sits in the middle with power but has the best 0-60 time.

tbh i think the if they all went head to head it would come down to driver skill as they are only 10ths of a second difference between them.

if its perfomance you've got in mind then:

1. T Sport
2. Ignis
3. 160SR

all the cars are fun straight from the factory. like said i think it will come down to personal choice.

Trung said:
Ignis Sport for sure. It's a rally bred machine

No its not.

The Ignis is just as sporty as the yaris "t-sport" as you lot get and the 160sr. The ignis sport is just a factory hot special with a more powerful engine, some nice rims, some nice recaros and tweaked suspension (which apparenly is very well suited to spirited driving).

Calm down, calm down ;)

The Ignis is the quickest, apparently!.

rallybunny, how long did it take the admin to activate your account toyotaclubowners?

Skyliner34 said:
Calm down, calm down ;)

The Ignis is the quickest, apparently!.

rallybunny, how long did it take the admin to activate your account toyotaclubowners?

Don't know, I registered and then didn't post for about a week! :laugh:

You're right though, they are hard to find. When I was looking for mine, there was only 1 other for sale within a 60 mile radius, and 2 other people had arranged to view mine, after I rang up about it. If you look at this thread on TOC, you can see a lot of people had the same problem trying to find one as me. Have you tried looking on Toyota's website, you can look for used ones on there. Last time I looked, there were some with about 20 miles on the clock for about £8-9k.

I was the same as you too, had my heart set on a 160sr, but as soon as I started looking at the T-sport, I changed my mind completely. I would highly recommend one for the build quality. My o/h is stood reading this over my shoulder, and he said the build quality is better than his Skyline any day. :p

Noticed today too, I've been driving past an Ignis Sport for sale in a local garage all week, I honestly thought it was a 4x4 until I looked a bit closer today cos the traffic was slow, and realised what it was. :blush:

Well, it's in the best colour! :love: I think it sounds a fair price, especially seeing as you should be able to knock them down on price a bit too. I asked on TOC if there was anything to look for when buying, and there seems to be no real specific thing to look for on the Yaris, just making sure the service history is up to date.

I got this back from them in an e-mail:

At present the above vehicle is currently on site and is available for both viewing and test drive, having checked the vehicle specifications they are as follows:-

-Recently serviced
-1 Year RAC Gold star warranty
-Mot until 9-10-2007
-ABS
-PAS
-Alloys
-Metallic paint
-Colour coded bumpers, door handles and door mirrors
-Front fog lamps
-Electric front windows
-Electric door mirrors
-Air conditioning
-Sunroof
-Remote central locking
-Multiple air bags
-CD player
-Cloth interior

Promising?

Yup, will check that out.

It's had a lot if intrest apparenty from customers. It nearly got sold yesterday, but the guy failed to get finance. Hes now gone to try somewhere he can can finance and pay as cash.

whats the ignis 0-62 time? i think its a little under 9

been going over the 160's times and the best i think its good for is 8.7-9.0 0-62.

The Ignis is something like 8.5 - 9s.

The Ignis is supposed to be the quickest according to car review sites. Although I'd have to be the judge of that ;).

Back