Suspension Problems (PLS HELP ASAP)

CMF_Terry1981

» CMF Member
Hi guys I am from Sri Lanka,

I have a Micra 1000cc & YOM 2001...
I got this problem in my micra since when i drive it on bumpy roads with 4 pasengers in the Chassy of the vehicle tends to hit the ground and it really freks me out. I can not even drive it on an uneven area that has a ramp of may be a bit of hill...

As i purchesd the Micra I replaced the front Shock absorbers & also the CV joints in the car. But sitll undergo this problem..

Phicically smashed marcks can be seen in the vehicle at the botom of each door in the undercarage...

Pls provode me with a solution to this???

Terry

CMF_Terry1981

» CMF Member
Also Folks pls let me know If i need to lift the Car Hight or may be some replacements of part Or if any body has undergone this problem before???

I am really clueless on this subject and has less knowledge, So pls be kind enough to provide some info...

Thnks

Terry

CMF_marchsrilanka

» CMF Member
Hi terry,

Nice to meet a sri lankan again... I haven't heard a similar problem before, it is very strange. I have used mine for more than 9 yrs. and even load 5 passengers at once. What is your rim/ tyre size? It's better if you check the condition of your suspensions.

Hashi.

CMF_Terry1981

» CMF Member
Hi hashi,

Nice to meet you.. yes hashi i have thought of checking my suspension.. I presume that I've got 13" Alloy Rim and tyre size... And I belive that this is the standered size on a March... I was reconsidering on changing the rim size to 15" what do you think???

Any ways what Alloy RIM size do u have on your micra?? This is a really bad situation that I am facinig since i do not know whom to consult or at least get some profesional expertise on this matter.

Hashi pls tell me what should be standered shock absorbers size for March..

I have seen some Pics on this blog in some modified Marchas with Larger RIM size, I think doing so whould eliminate my problem ???
What will your opinion Be???

Terry

CMF_marchsrilanka

» CMF Member
Hi Terry,

I also have 13" alloys + 185/65 sport tyres. I personally don't think that you should go for 15" alloys. A person from the wheel alignment shop told me that it is always better to go for the factory rim size (13") as other sizes could harm the functionality of lower-arms and shocks. Also if you are hoping to load 4-5 passengers, will you think the 15" will give a smooth pickup :)

Few years ago, I replaced my originals shocks with KYB gas shocks. The model number says "343249 NISSAN MICRA 3J24". Check whether you have installed the correct ones.

I still suggest you to check your suspensions :)

Hashi

Back