Super S - Specs and Features

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
I went and had a look at a 1995 Super S that's for sale today, took it for a test drive and was surprised to find that it did not have power steering or windows, or central locking.
I am not sure why, but I was under the impression that these features where standard on the Super S.

I have done many searches and got some conflicting details about the standard features, and wether or not it's a Series 1 or 2.

Can somebody please let me know the facts.

Muchly appreciated,
Rob(hopefully a micra owner soon)

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
My series 1 super S has no p/steering, p/windows but im getting central locking installed next week. Yay!

So a standard 95 Super S has none of that stuff. I do believe series 2 didnt come out till 97 anyway?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehicle/comparespecs.php?key2=NISS96DX&key=NISS95EX

That is pretty accurate.

Fairly certain all s2 super s had aircon as standard and they also had a driver's airbag as standard. LX and SLX had the option of a driver's airbag in the series 2 range. Pretty rare to find these though.

Also electric windows were a dealer fitted option. Pretty rare to find them though. Also pretty rare to find a series 2 Super S. When you do find them the owners usually asking for a mint because they had a standard driver's airbag as well.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh, power steering and aircon were optional extras on all micras.

The cars don't need power steer, they're quite easy to drive without it (depending on the type of tyres you use of course). However power steer can totally transform the car. Ask any of the brisbane members.

That green super s looks mint mate.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
That car for sale is exactly like mine, but 1/2 the km's!!! I paid $5000 for mine tho. The fuel economy is a little better than that, i get 6l/100km.

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
So is that a bit pricey for what it is.
The body and paint seem to be in pretty good condition, and yes it has low k's on it.
The power windows and central locking are not too much of a problem, just on of those "nice haves". Plus an alarm with central locking will solve that aspect.
Power steering is a bit of a bummer though.

The ride was a bit bumpy, well stiffer then what I would of thought. There was the squeaky shocks issue that I have read about and the rear hatched rattled a bit too.

What would be a fair price I could offer if I decided to purchase it?

Thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
A fair price is whatever the lowest they'll take is.

Rear hatch rattle can be fixed with a bit of patience. The front squeak may or may not be the shocks. Original shocks will be shagged by now. They're over 10 years old..

My car is squeaking with 30,000km old shocks and springs. The squeak I have pinpointed to the rear lower control arm bushings which attach to the floorpan (sometimes also called castor bushes). These are wearing out on the roads I travel and I will need to replace them soon. In the mean time a quick spray with wd40 (naughty I know) quietens them down.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Oh yeh, you have to remember it is a super s and there's less than 300 of them in country now (only 303 were ever sold in australia).

If you have your heart set on a super s you can't always be picky about it. When I was looking for mine it was pretty dry. Not one was advertised in a 4 month period...

I ended up badgering the owner of one i spotted in a shopping centre carpark to sell. :p

Cheers and happy micra hunting.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
i don't think that you could righty offer less than $6,000 for that car. it really looks the business, and with such low km's i'd be snatching it up.
Go the $6,000 offer and see what they say.

Back