super s diffrences

O

ohc_turbo

Hi, im currently looking into buying a normal 1.2 micra as there vey economical and with a bit of styling and tweaking it will look cool and be very fun (hopefully)

few questions though, super s does look much more meaner, i take it there was a pre-facelift super s with a boxyer kit and a facelift rounder kit.

im not too worried about looks but is the super s mecanicaly faster than the normal 1.2 or does it just look faster.

and last question has anyone succeded in a engine tranplant of a diffrent family ie ca, ga, e, sr

cheers

there wasnt a pre facelift super s. there were a few bodykits put on a limited amount of cars from the factory on pre facelifts (monza, lemans, foah), but there rare as chickens teeth and fetch anything upto 150 notes. the super s was a facelift car in the k10 series but has been debated whether they are quicker than non-super s as the super s had the ecc junk on them, ecc being equippment for controlling emmisions and had catalytic converters in there as well. however if you can find one, a super s bodykit should fit a pre facelift k10 (correct me if im wrong) altho why not contact mark from the site, whos currently selling his k10 super s thats had all the restrictive junk taken off and is currently the quickest n/a ma12 k10 in the club, if not the uk.

There was a nissan march super turbo, ed on the site owns 2, a supercharged turbo charged 930cc 8v k10 (also facelift) and to my knowledge theres been 1 cross breed k10 in the uk, umars k10 with a 1.5 cherry turbo lump in it which unfortunalely was written off earlier this week. But im sure the k10 all knowing entities will reply later but this is a basic answer to your question

tommo

I'm selling my K10 Super S 1.2 at the moment. there far better than the normal micra, full bodykit, bucket style seats, rev counter, all black inside.

add me to your msn messenger [email protected]

for some unknown reason the whole ride feels alot smoother and softer "under foot" aswell
weather it be the adjustments as they had additional suspension (antiroll bar (iir)) of sorts

alot nicer to drive from standard and also look lowered for the meaner stance because of the rather subtle kit:)

they probably feel smoothr because the power delivery is smoother due a more advanced ignition system, which makes them run smoother and more efficiently, however, they are slower on the road than a stock MA12

The Kit & spot lamps makes the car look a bit meaner from the front, and the fact its colour coded helps the car's appearance too. Multicoloured cars can make the car look a bit cheap e.g. red with standard black bumpers, but it doesnt take much effort to replace and spray them up.

Umar has two 1.5 turbo K10's so he's still got one to play with :)

I havent got the roll bar on my car but a few simple mods such as lowering, strut brace and wider tyres really improves the handling for any k10

so i take it its not much work to get a e15et in there?

if you can get a e15et in there im sure i can get a ca18et in there

im on a budget at the mo to get a micra dont know if i can afford a super s k10 but pm me youre price anyhow

cheers

ohc_turbo said:
so i take it its not much work to get a e15et in there?

if you can get a e15et in there im sure i can get a ca18et in there

im on a budget at the mo to get a micra dont know if i can afford a super s k10 but pm me youre price anyhow

cheers

The fuel system is different as i think its injection. The engine mounts are in different places. The electrics are different, the drive shafts need changing and theres probably a host of other things you'd need to do!

yep, you would have to get a injection fuel tank or a fuel call with a external pump with return lines going back into the tank but alterations to the crossmember - gearbox mount and upper engine mount- be good to know if he adapted the standard crossmember by welding or cutting or adapted a crossmember to bolt onto the underside of the micra from lets say a n12 cherry or a prarie (whgich came with the e series stock) - i havent even thought about the driveshafts yet, the phoblem would be with the micra hubs, if sunny hubs fit in it would make it easier as the driveshaft size would be the same and just custom shafts would have to be made.

definatly would be a machine with a e15et in it and even better with a ca18et

he should do a little write up on it

im having a bit of trouble accesing the pm or my profile atm, probably wating for activation

i would do but it keeps on comming up with

ohc_turbo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

where about are you based?

Back