new micra owner super s

my first micra
its a 1.2 super s

ive got this car as a run around while my starlet gets the works done to it,
but im goin to look after this as it seems a good example only 60500 on clock aswel brill for age,
my plans for it is;
a tidy up of paintwork/exterior
good service
tints
alloys
lowered
general maintenance

DSCF0560.jpg

inside very clean

DSCF0563.jpg

new rear tints

DSCF0564.jpg

the alloys i have ready(just need tyres)

DSCF0497.jpg

comments welcome

cheers
shavnh

Looks nice and origional, but if this is a run around for the short term, why lower it or spend on it? Just keep it running nice and then when ya starlet is sorted sell the SS on.

Looks nice and origional, but if this is a run around for the short term, why lower it or spend on it? Just keep it running nice and then when ya starlet is sorted sell the SS on.

very good point, just wanted it to handle a bit better tbh, but had the alloys off a previous car, tints cost penuts.
gunna keep the other wheels and probs refurb them so they are nice for the next buyer.
only has 1 tiny bubble in the paint, on the rear arch and the mirrors and grill have started to go pink so will be touching them up.
every old car loves a decent service.

the mirrors and grill have started to go pink so will be touching them up.
every old car loves a decent service.
I don't want to make an advertisement, but I can really recommend Meguiars Ultimate Compound for stuff like this

A good T-cut before you use the polish will restore them, that meguiars usually lasts for 3 - 4 weeks. If you want better handling then it'll need new shock & springs. Nobody ever replaces them so they end up wobbling and rolling like a water bed round corners. A popular suspention upgrade for K10's is a set of KYB Excel G gas shocks and springs, they're uprated from standard spec to compensate for wear in the rest of the suspention components. I have a set on my Super S and it handles like a mini round corners (that's the classic mini btw, not the bmw version).

You can also add an additional set of bumpstops (dampers) to reduce suspention travel, which is particulary usefull if your wheels rub against the arches. Again this has been done on my own car because it has a set of 14" 6J alloys on with 185/55 R14 tyres which, without the extra stops would catch the arches.
The rear shocks cost £23.80 each for the gas type (excel g) or £15 for the regular oil type (premium). The rear springs are £38.90 each, front springs are £36 each. Bumpstops you can get from Powerflex, polyurethane type.
For the rear, the standard size bumps are BS003 (Hight x 60mm, Width x 39mm, Centre Bore x13mm) cost; £9.45.
The extra set you can fit to the rear in addition (to prevent alloy rubbing) are BS002 (Hight x 37.5mm, Width x 39, Centre Bore x 13mm) they cost the same as the bs003s

Back