SunsetOnTheMicra...56K Beware

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Well, a few days back i found a great spot for taking pics and took some right there and then, being midday and all they came out okay, but not great, then on the way home from uni today i noticed there was a fantastic sunset over the water whilst driving over the bribe bridge, soo i rushed home and grabbed the camera to goto my newfound spot to take some snaps and got some corker images :D

Find Them Here > http://micra.studior7.com/projecturbomicra/projecturbomicra.htm

Cherio,

Alex

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
There gr8 mate but you deffo need to illuminate the vehicle somehow, i don't think a flash would do the job but some sort of artificial light should do the trick. i've experienced the same delema myself. Maybe another micra could help with this problem ie: super S headlights on hightbeem :p

hmmm just my thoughts...i'll shut up now:)

matty.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
no polarising filter, one day i will get one, but the massive front element on the 15-30mm lens makes good work of emptying your wallet if you do get one as it needs an 82mm circular polariser. Thanks for the nice comments. I know what ya mean matty, the beaty of shooting RAW only images means i can try both with more forground lighting or normal as is lighting with the fill light slider :D, i prefer the higer contrast, darker, moody shots > all of which had slight fill light applied,

here's one with some more fill, with that you get extra image noise in the shadows though,

Alex

----------------------
Positive Fill Light

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow that is sweet! I love the white one the most!

Would look awesome on a shirt. Looks very professional!
How long did it take to do? Or was it just some one click of a button on a clever paint program?

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Alex, another great collection of images. I am always impressed by your work. Yes, get back to work on your Uni assignments !.... ;) Perhaps you could talk your lecturer into accepting an asignment with a Micra theme instead ?.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hey cisco, I think its time for another batch of shirts with the white vector Micra on it...

We can even have the writing on the shirt like this:

Cisco's Micra Files V2 (with the V2 in huge graffiti-ish letters)

And a small slogan like: Picking up the shopping in style..

Sean

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Thanks for all the kind comments. Yer some new CMF V2 t-shirts would be nice, be happy to help design the artwork for them.

mik > if i tell ya you know i'll have to kill you :p, ......okay i'll spill the beans > Sigma SD9 DLSR with a varity of lenses, in this case i was using the 15-30mm EX in most/all shots. The SD9 only shoots Raw images, so no jpegs, so the images are opened adn processed, the raw software has that unique Fill Light adjustment, (kindof similar to photoshop's new brightness/contrast adjustment, but it selectivley boosts shadow's without blowing out highlights = much better results :D) and then i ironically open them up in photoshop :D, apply a blue sky noise action, auto contrast, and healing brush out all the dustspots, (i really need to clean my sensor), then save em, job done! Oh yeah, I use RealViz Stitcher 4 to stitch the images together for the panorama's too, takes me ages, but that because i'm anal about it all, it "Has" to be perfect,

hope that didn't scare ya off,

Alex

mik

» CMF Member
Very cool, Alex :)
yeah thats quite interessting, i'm trying in photograhpy too.
I have a Nikon D70 DSLR with a 18-70 and a 55-200 lens.
Thanks for your informations.
Really nice camera *g*
Now i need to hide, i don't want to be killed :)

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
your an easy kill mate...won't be hard to spot you in the micra with the colour its apainted and all, :p Nice too see some peeps with SLR/photography knowledge, but yeah i've got the 15-30mm EX, 50mm EX Macro, and two kit lenses 24-70 and 70-300? but just love the 15-30mm i call him 'popeye' due to his enourmously spherical front element, checkout the element diagram here > http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/lens/widezoom/15_30_35_45.htm

hope you get some great pics with the D70 mik, but remember its not the camera that takes the photo's. The camera body itself is practically a lightproof box. The lenses, film/image sensor are what's important, after the creative ability of the user,

Alex - oh, just some advice, be sure tooo backup all of your images, atleast the orignals/raw's, know someone who lost 7000 images he had taken with hid SD9/SD10 body's due to a HDD failure (1 years worth of pictures of his 1yr old son tooo), i back mine up onto DVD's but even their too small due to the size of Raw only images the filesizes all add up, got about 22Gb of raw images, and 19gb of jpegs and tiff's, only had my camera for 1.5years.

mik

» CMF Member
yeah i like that popeye too!
I like Wideangle Lenses, and i love fish eyes.

Will buy the nikon DX Fish Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED sometime, when money is back in my pockets
http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/lens/af/dx/af_dx_fisheye105mmf_28g_ed/index.htm

Yeah i got some pictures at
http://www.wrankin-drunks.de/cam/

you can have a look at them, and tell me what you think.
but i must tell you, i'm not that pro in photography :)

and yes, i thought about backup my data, but i don't have a dvd burner. will add it on my wish list, and will buy one the next time. i'm really scared of loosing my data, i know exacly what you mean.

have a nice time, and always good light my friend :)

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
nice pics mik, one day i'll find time to get my gallery/portfolio online > (looks like it'll be over christmas holidays now). Heh, 'when money is back in my pockets' lol, yer thats they way it is here too, i'm doing some debt reduction for a little while now, well that's what i keep telling myself anyway, keep slowing getting stuff to prepare for boost. Going to need a new LH CV soon, clutch is/has been on way out for awhile, and gearbox seems abit odd, even though it has Nulon L90 in it, feels like the clutch cable is catching (only when warm.hot) but has brand new clutch cable > something amiss inside. I've seen some fabulous pictures from 15mm Fisheye lenses, but that was on a full frame canon, my camera's tiny sensor means a 1.7x crop factor, soo you loose most of the fisheye effect off the sides of the frame, booooo. That 10.5mm nikon looks neat though > promises some creative photo's for sure,

Alex

Back