summer holidays are hear so let the moding begine (opinions wanted)

steel thinking of what colour to do my wheels i no i want the centers black but not shaw what colour to have the outsids aney idears p.s must be able to get the colour from halford (rikki spelling ftw)(no with addad my correction)

update time got me paint and have started got :)
sandead them down
DSCN0658.JPG

sprayed my plastic primer two coats (sorry for bad spelling)
DSCN0660.JPG

sprayed with my bace colour 3 coats
DSCN0662.JPG

need to leave it 24 hours to do the logo

Attachments

• DSCN0655.JPG
    DSCN0655.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 400
  • DSCN0656.JPG
    DSCN0656.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 377
  • DSCN0657.JPG
    DSCN0657.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 390
  • DSCN0659.JPG
    DSCN0659.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 416
  • DSCN0661.JPG
    DSCN0661.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 372
list of mods to do
1. paint rims as the rust look is so last year (thinking off having the centers black and the outsids british racing green) need opinions
will insurt photo but camer playing up
2.bilding and fitting a ipod information screen link to how to bild it
http://www.instructables.com/id/iPod-Information-Screen/
Wish my list was this big mate. Loom forward to you getting that list bigger. Show us how its done boyo

update time wating for my frend to pick up the centers to mask them off ready for the black cote had a bit off a accent with one paper fell on it so sprade it but a little think but will see what he thinks
got my the wheel out the boot (need to people as the sub in the way)
no photo sorry (but was very funny)
sanded down the wheel (dont have a photo of what i look like when i started)
afert i finshe (it may look crap but got a anty rust primer to go over top look a lot bettrt then it was)
DSCN0665.JPG

and read for primer

Attachments

• DSCN0663.JPG
    DSCN0663.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 396
  • DSCN0664.JPG
    DSCN0664.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 385
  • DSCN0666.JPG
    DSCN0666.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 388
  • DSCN0667.JPG
    DSCN0667.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 381
second stange of the hubs are dun 1 went worn when useing masking tape will have better photo but camer bartery run out :(

image.jpg

so went to the shop and got some frog tape (the stuff in amzing)
image.jpg

sprade with my obsildon black
image.jpg

remove the fust layer of tape
image.jpg

remove the last bit
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 297
fust rim dun
clear coat on
remove paper
DSCI0017.JPG

DSCI0020.JPG

leave 2 weeks to dry

Attachments

• DSCI0018.JPG
    DSCI0018.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 340
  • DSCI0019.JPG
    DSCI0019.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 372
up date time got the wheel on the car
git the wheel on the wheel
(will uplode phot soon)
started the next wheel more rust then the last one used sone cleaning stuff my dad got hold off ment for hand but make my finger nail like rubber so not good for hands but brilent for getting grime off wheels
DSCN0742.JPG

DSCN0743.JPG

sanded then wast down
DSCN0744.JPG

DSCN0745.JPG

3 coast of rust primer
DSCN0746.JPG

3 coast of cream and clear coat
(photo coming soon)

update time 2 wheels are dun and on the car project on hold as back to collage and hospital trips so need the speare and having to red do the over 2 centers as they have run and cant get the stickey stuff off and yes they do turn head drove it to collage a my mate sore them and said i like them
DSCN0808.JPG
DSCN0809.JPG
DSCN0810.JPG
DSCN0811.JPG

update time got the two creem wheel on but taken the centers off as they need mor clear snadead down one off the reaming wheels and i bought a sander as one pop eye arm is not a good look and the the had a lost mor rust then i was expiteing

Didn't take to much care and no hubcaps I guess... Only rally wheels, would have been a solid 8 hours I guess but spread over a weekend i think

They still look OK, but up close you can see a tiny bit of rust coming through on 2... Doesn't bother me anyhow

little updated wheel number 3 is done but have no photo but will get some up when it all dun
and i got some big news at my collage run a stem fest (pretty much as little fare for nerds) to show off your project to b.a.e and people like that and finger crost i may have got permission to show the car as with the project running in it so ive got till june to get the wheels done and a fule little bits ps thinking about staring a new thred about project pi car good idear

i got to hope fore good wather so i can get the last wheels dun but can get away with oley doing one more as the 5th is the one in the boot

for some reason im thinking you didnt finish the boot one 5th :),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hole on i can hear something,,,,,,,,

Back