Subject Of Oil Filters....

The cheapest one will do fine...unless yours is a modified as my old one then go for the k&n :)

by "modified" what do you mean, my only real engine plans is to sort out removing egr and a mass clean up and add some shinyness to it.
might just get the k and n to match the air filter :p

Well mine was an ma12
piper race cam
skimmed head 50 thou (205 comp)
3 angle seat valve
lightened and balanced crank
lightened and balanced flywheel
twin weber 36DCNF carbs
oil pump mod

0-60 was about 7.6 seconds...

And i was using a standard oil filter with no problems, changed every 6,000 miles

Well mine was an ma12
piper race cam
skimmed head 50 thou (205 comp)
3 angle seat valve
lightened and balanced crank
lightened and balanced flywheel
twin weber 36DCNF carbs
oil pump mod

0-60 was about 7.6 seconds...

And i was using a standard oil filter with no problems, changed every 6,000 miles

ok well now i seem like a n00b lol
do you know if it would be a good idea to change the fuel filter aswell as this stuff is all cheap! :grinning:

If you feel it needs doing then yes, if its only a couple of ££ then why not...easy to change as well

If you feel it needs doing then yes, if its only a couple of ££ then why not...easy to change as well

my car hesitates pulling off in first sometimes do you think it could be related?
and yeah its £4 on ebay lol i think i might as well get it at the same time.

thankyou

Sounds like it could be a carb related problem, might be worth getting another one they are cheap enough from the scrappies

Sounds like it could be a carb related problem, might be worth getting another one they are cheap enough from the scrappies

had a feeling you would say that :( ah well what needs to be done needs to be done and i am determined to get this car running smooth!

Someone was selling a 34ICH weber on here not too long ago...might be a cheaper option

have no clue about other carbs...
arent they from a motorcycle?
also would i need to change much else for instance getting rid of the egr etc.

I'd try changing the fuel filter before messing with carbs, Ive had a car hesitating cause of a old filter clogging up.

Back