subframes

richarda

Ex. Club Member
does anyone know where i can get a set of subframes from for my K11? ive brought some bucket seats today and now need some subframes.

would these be able to fit without subframes at all? never fitted seats nor looked into it so some advice or help would be greatful.

thanks
richard

Demon tweeks sell 'universal' frames, but im not sure how good they would be. You could try getting the existing mounts off your standard seats and attach them to your new ones somehow.

might sound stupid but how do you go about taking out the seats? ive had the rear ones out before but havent a clue on the fronts

might sound stupid but how do you go about taking out the seats? ive had the rear ones out before but havent a clue on the fronts

to take the WHOLE seat out with subframes u will need:
1. a socket set or spanner!!
2. there should be FOUR bolts under the seat....two on each side(i think) holding subframe down to car side!
3. undo these
4. smile:grinning: and hopefully remove the seat from car

to remove just the seat first and subframes later:
1. look under seat and ull see four more bolts leading up into the seat brackets!
2. undo these
3. smile:grinning: and remove just the seat

i really really hope thats right or im going to feel really silly lol:wasntme:

regarding subframes u will need custom ones i do believe....i nearly bought some bucket seats for my 1st micra till i realised i would have to get a set made up.....so thought i would leave it cause wanted to buy other things....NISMO ALLOYS :grinning:

anyway i think members on here have used ALMERA subframes and MICRA subframes to make a new set up to secure the seats down properly. the seats are not allowed to move freely....yes they can slide and tilt but the seat must be secure othe wise it will fail MOT!

what bucket seats did you buy?

napster

What are the seats you have? Just that I have had Sparco Sprint seats on the micra sub frame - they need the rear bar drilling but other than that they fit fine.

What are the seats you have? Just that I have had Sparco Sprint seats on the micra sub frame - they need the rear bar drilling but other than that they fit fine.

i just had a look at the seats you quoted above and they are really nice :grinning:

so did the front holes line up together without drilling??

i think so - TBH i can't remember. I know they do require some drilling.

I currently have the seats out of my car (as i'm selling up) but I'll try and get pics over the weekend to show you.

The seats are really nice, alot better than the SR ones (which I fell out of when I was hit a roundabout! LOL)

there plain black and gray seats with nothing written on them so ill have to ask the bloke i brought them off. taken out the passenger seat and doesnt look like they are going to be a stright swap as they will need the new wholes drilled

i think so - TBH i can't remember. I know they do require some drilling.

I currently have the seats out of my car (as i'm selling up) but I'll try and get pics over the weekend to show you.

The seats are really nice, alot better than the SR ones (which I fell out of when I was hit a roundabout! LOL)

pics would be great thanks!

thats really not good regarding "falling out of SR ones!!!! makes me feel unsafe lol.

one question that will be relavant to "richarda" is:

"have you installed harnesses in the back? and if you have, have you taken back seats out cause of MOT??"

thanks wilsonian

Napster: it was my own fault as I didn't bother leaning into the bend - Silly mistake but I just didn't need to do that with the sparco's - I do miss them :(

Harnesses are a must however they do require either the rear seats removed or longer bolts used.

one thing ive been thinknig about is the wholes on the standard seats are in different places to the bucket seats, if i get sub frames made up are the wholes gonna be in the right place for the bucket seats, are all bucket seat wholes in the same place or will the company that makes the sub frames up gonna need the seats etc?

Napster: it was my own fault as I didn't bother leaning into the bend - Silly mistake but I just didn't need to do that with the sparco's - I do miss them :(

Harnesses are a must however they do require either the rear seats removed or longer bolts used.

yeh but still....must of been hit hard enough though?

"long bolts"???....never heard of that one before......so with longer bolts...does that mean you can attach the "harnesses" AND the "Rear Seatbelts"?? or am i wrong!

i still didnt think u could have back seats in for MOT cause you will fail it due to law ect and passangers cant get out...unless you have a 5door?

Back seats were never a trouble with me and the MOT stations.

The long bolt issue was some thing I was thinking about - to leave the rear seat belts in (in case of the odd passenger) but use long bolts to take the harness "eye hooks" too.

TBH if you are fitting racing seats and don't have rear doors, strip it :D

if i get sub frames made up are the wholes gonna be in the right place for the bucket seats

well depends on whether you do it or get a garage to do it! what ull need to do is find the parts and get a garge to WELD the bits together!!??

once you have found a subframe u will need re-inforced metal bars along where the SEAT HOLeS WILL BE....unless one lot line up??? understand??

yes.....strip the car if you havent got a 5door!!!! reason being if your subframes are stationary.......e.g will not move forward and back on runners....u wont be able to get anone in the abck (unless they climb between seats)....so strip back out and loss some weight!!! :grinning:

Back