Subframe

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
this might be a complicated post!

umm, i would like to have "cobra clubman bucket seats" in my micra. however i would still like to have the back seats and i only have a 3door micra.

if the bucket seats dont tilt or slide(stationary)and i have the back seats in my car then its classed as an "MOT Failure"!!!
so i would have to take back seats out(less weight is always good i suppose though)

i cant find any subframes that tilt or slide, that are available for the micra!

my mate had a mica with bucket seats in(like most of you guys+gals), but he stripped out the back seats and made it light weight.

he said i could buy his "subfames" that DIDNT TILT OR SLIDE and buy a UNIVERSAL SLIDER that will attach to his subframes.

also his subframes where for "SPARCO bucket seats", and not sure if they fit the "cobra" though.

Thankyou

napster

CMF_antish_r

» CMF Member
i think if u remove the original slide thing on the cobra seats and fix it to the normal micra seats it would do it perfect

or the simple and anoying thing get it fix to obly one side so if people has to go in ur back seats they have to go through the passenger side

but having a unversal slide thing would do it too

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i dont think the "Cobra" seats have a "Slide thing attached"??

and u want me to use the original seat frames???
i already asked my mate and was told they wouldnt fit onto the original seat runners??

napster

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Just have a bucket seat for you only and leave the pasenger seat standard, after all what do you get out of buying 2 seats you can only sit in 1 at a time anyway.

The weight difference between changing 1 seat compared to changing 2 would be minimal and it'll be better on your wallet.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i had though about just having one, but wouldnt it look very weird??
i dont think, that i could deal with just having one??
anyway i already have two seats "cobra clubman's"!!

also, i have to get rid of one "rear seat belt" dont i, to fit the 3point harness??

Napster

you will have to make them slide really far forward as the height of the cobra clubman will stop it tilting forward enough for someone to get in the back, believe me i had 2 clubmans in my old micra. i just left my backseats in and just had it as a 2 seater, then in case of emergencies people could climb in the back.

Back