Bucket seat subframes (South East, near London)

Hi,
i need someone in the south east, preferably in the medway area but can travel i suppose upto 30 miles.

I want someone who can make me some custom subframes for my K10 when i get my bucket seats. I want the seats to be lower than standard and preferably a bit further back, being 6 foot 2ish my micra's a pain in the... well its hard to sit in the drivers seat for me! Rear seats won't be existent as it's being removed and replaced with a small install. Also would need to be able to accept or make way for 4 point harnesses. Can anyone help me? Or recommend someone who can?

Thanks guys.

Mmm i don't know if they'll fit the seats i'm buying though. Their only cheapy eBay ones, mainly for looks and so i feel like i'm driving something fast because i like bucket seats lol

And also the biggest gain for me would be the altered seating position, as i can't cope with my knee hitting the bottom of the steering column lol

You'd probably just have to get universal subframes and alter them to fit, or try fitting your seats to standard micra frames

yeah. i have a mate called dan who had some custom ones banged up for his volvo 340 drifter, but he lives ages from me and i ain't got any way of contacting him as soem scummy chav stole my fone =) so i don't have his number. I guess some sort of fabricators would be able to do it? Maybe i can persuade the guys who make my inlet manifold (when i find them) to do me a pair cheap. I mainly want the alterred seating position as even right back isn't far back enough for me on stock, plus i'd love some bucket seats anyway.

yeah. i have a mate called dan who had some custom ones banged up for his volvo 340 drifter, but he lives ages from me and i ain't got any way of contacting him as soem scummy chav stole my fone =) so i don't have his number. I guess some sort of fabricators would be able to do it? Maybe i can persuade the guys who make my inlet manifold (when i find them) to do me a pair cheap. I mainly want the alterred seating position as even right back isn't far back enough for me on stock, plus i'd love some bucket seats anyway.

Mate I'v got the same problem, got some Cobra Daytona's.

I need to make sure the subframe is no higher, because I'm 6ft 7!

Cut out the metal bit inside the car (that the two front seat bolts go into) then get side mounted seats. You should be able to put them further back, almost in the rear footwells if needed!

Cut out the metal bit inside the car (that the two front seat bolts go into) then get side mounted seats. You should be able to put them further back, almost in the rear footwells if needed!

That was the plan lol! Hence whhy i'm emoving the rear seats, i'll just put a nice 15"er in the back (oo err :p) with some neon lighting and i'll be happier that way =) plus i then gots an excuse to stop giving everyone lifts everywhere :D

Mate I'v got the same problem, got some Cobra Daytona's.

I need to make sure the subframe is no higher, because I'm 6ft 7!

D'you think if we go into a really hot wash we might shrink a bit? I'd rather be shorter now lol!

Here, if we shrunk we'd probably be shorted (sorted, shorted, geddit? no? nevermind).

Well it depends if your getting subframes or side mounts. I imagine side mounting would be alot easier to install, as they just bolt to the floor of the car. They however, don't slide back and forth, so not always practical.

Try fitting the seats to K11 frames. At least that way, you don't have the hassle of making them up, just joining the seat and the frame together

will K11 ones give me the altered seating position? Basically i want to move the front seats into the rear foortweels to give better room in the front. The plan is have it so that when the seats slid right back it'll be in the rear footwell, then if i need to i can move the seats forward.

the seats are subframe mounted btw, not side mounted. Like i said, rear seats aren't a problem as they won't exist in the next few months, they'll be getting replaced with a pair of 12 inchers :p

it depends on how well the seats fit to the standard frames. you may be able to attach the seats a little further back, but thinking about it, it might be better to find out what other bucket seat owners have done.

Another thing, the position of most buckets is that your arse is deep in the back of the seat, your legs go upwards rather than straight, so you may not actually need this extra leg room

it depends on how well the seats fit to the standard frames. you may be able to attach the seats a little further back, but thinking about it, it might be better to find out what other bucket seat owners have done.

Another thing, the position of most buckets is that your arse is deep in the back of the seat, your legs go upwards rather than straight, so you may not actually need this extra leg room

hmmmmmmm i suppose i'll have to wait and see. still trying to get a bloody job but to no avail yet =( Once i have teh job i'll have them seats then i can go from there.

Do K11 subframes bolt straight into a K10 then?

hmmmmmmm i suppose i'll have to wait and see. still trying to get a bloody job but to no avail yet =( Once i have teh job i'll have them seats then i can go from there.

Do K11 subframes bolt straight into a K10 then?

For some reason, i thought you had a K11, despite this being in the K10 section and actually saying k10 in the first post lol. everything i said about k11 frames, change it to say K10! Try using K10 ones on your after market seats.

Sorry about that!

lol i didn't know you could get K10 ones? i assumed you wouldn't be able to as a K10's not exactly your average tuner car lol got any links to places or anything?

remove the frames off some standard seats. a very cheap solution if you can connect your buckets up:)

Ah righty o lol. I may have a ring around as after thinking about it i still don't see this working out how i want iwth teh K10 frames, i'll still hit my knee's and i don't think i'll he able to do the good old toe on brake-heel to rev shifting down trick as i keep catching my foot because of my knee's.

Ah righty o lol. I may have a ring around as after thinking about it i still don't see this working out how i want iwth teh K10 frames, i'll still hit my knee's and i don't think i'll he able to do the good old toe on brake-heel to rev shifting down trick as i keep catching my foot because of my knee's.

Sly: get to bed!!! <ALMOST 3AM {KLF?}> (you're worse than me!!!)...LOLZ

you must be a 6-foot astronought (like me) to be having difficulty with heel-toe....not that I use it much these days......

have fun...

lol! i went to bed shortly after posting that but before your reply.

Yeah i'm about 6'2 i believe. Owning a micra's fun but it sucks when your big lol!

To add to my problems my head unit wiring went up in smoke earlier ¬_¬ Sorted it now though and added green footwell neons =)

Anyone doing a cruise local to medway tonight? I might persuade my dad to tag us along.

Back