sub

D

dannyboi

hi, i just bought a sub for car but not got amp yet. just not sure how to conect sub up on its own for now, do i connect it to the speakers or does it go into back of the stereo. any one help me please.

Danny

my mate had 20% off voucher for halfords and gave it me on day it ran out, i was goin to get a sub and amp, so i just bought sub and was goin to get amp later. and i was told you could use sub on its own but guess not.

Ah! right then. It is possible but highly unadvisable to do so. Would most likely screw everything up and give crap performance if you just connect the sub to the HU. It is better overall to run the sub from a seperate amp.

If you have a budget then it we can give you a few options. What sub have you got by the way?

hi, basically an amp is used to power up the sub, dunno if you got 6x9's or anything else like that either but it is also possible to hook other speakers, if the amp permits of course!

as has already been said an amp is recomended to power the sub and is not advisable to run the sub off the HU..

hope that helps :)

ok thanks il av to try get amp then dont want to reck owt. erm the sub is sony explode 1200w dunt really no much bout this stuff. any ideas on kind of amp?

Retepetsir is the best person to ask, i imagine though that a cheepish amp will be ok, but again the more money you spend then the better sound you will get out of it, i am not to good at audio stuff so is better getting help from someone else! lol

You'll need a sub amp and a wiring kit. The wiring kit will set you back around £20 for starters (go for an 8awg kit like this: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...id=206&cadid=44175f3110668f10f726d4aed613c1a9)

For your kind of budget, and that subwoofer, the Mutant range of amplifiers from the likes of Motorworld, etc are probably fine for your needs. Go for a Mutant amplifier, it will probably set you back around £50 and you can wire the 2-channel amp into 1-channel (bridged).

Otherwise if you are willing to spend a bit more for quality and much more usable power, go with the following: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4133&cadid=44175f3110668f10f726d4aed613c1a9

Hope that helps.

Back