Strange Problem!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, after chnaging my cams to 1.3 from 1.0l, all is sweet timed correctly!! what happened after comming of the M25 motorway i parked up the car and cam back to it after 10 mins, then the car wouldnt start!! puffing and splattering, so i moved the distributor (advance) alittle then went back to the car to start and it started.. on another "emarresing" situation that happened to me yesterday at macdonalds, wanted a drink and there was a que in the driveway and thought let me switch the engine of whilst i wait.. then the engine didnt want to start and had 3 other cars behind me... you can imagine what went thru my head.... done the same again, jogged the distributor backwards-forwards then fired up again!!! but before macdonalds i thrashed car on the duel carriage way, it seems that when i floor it hard and come to a standstill then switch off and on again it wouldnt start unless i play with the distributor..... anyone encountered this problem or anuone knows whats it all aout?

Thanks In Advance

James

Remember to tighten the bolts enough so that the distributor doesn't retard/advance the time when you're driving. It could be easily knocked out of position through the daily humps and bumps of driving.

Hi, thanks for your reply, yeah the damn distibutor was tighten hard enough!! am thinking if i have a dodgy distributor e.t.c....

J

Back