Strange Pariking Sensor wiring - Help

andy_con

Club Member (Trial)
ok so the parking sensors on the wifes car have not been working for ages, so decided to try find the fault.

found the box in the boot and its getting no power.

now from the below pic, the small black plug seems to be the power going into the box and it has three wires in it, red black and blue.

red seems to be attached to the wires for the reverse light, black seems to be an earth attached to a bolt on the body work and blue goes no where.

two blue wires seem to come out the cable sleeve and go no where, but both are broken im assuming one of these is the 12- but where does it go?

DSC_0396_zps72bf5418.jpg

lots of responses here!

but no worries i sorted it and parking sensors fully working now
there are very few active k12 owners on here andy (and dont forget to post up the rectification/feedback info for the benefit of other k12 members eh ;))

oh isn't there? do most own k11's?

the wife was very keen to have her parking sensors back.

the wife got a rear break light changed at halfrauds and then had a number of issues with bulbs going every month. so I took a look to see if I could find the problem, when I took the rear light cluster out there was a black wire just hanging.

it had a metal hoop on it so I knew it was suppose to go over a screw etc...

well since then her parking sensors have not been working, from tracing wires from the parking sensor box the negative 12v is that black wire. the screw I originally put it over clearly wasn't touching the metal body work of the car, changed screws and bingo 12v went to the parking sensors and they started working.

the two blue wires are not needed for the parking sensor box

very simple

Back