Stiff accelerator pedal

CMF_mike004

» CMF Member
Just bought a 2001 Micra Activ.
The accelerator pedal is very stiff and heavy, compared to my previous 1995 Micra.
Is this a feature of this model, or is there an adjustment I can make?
Thanks
Mike

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
mines stiff too... keento make it a bit easier to press. im thinking maybe some lube on the cable inner?

also want to stop the brake pedal hitting on the bump stop when you let go of it. its soo loud.

smidge

» CMF Member
tris rubber and cable ties will stop that, my clutch used to do it

i'm sure theres a genuine part that can replace the worn out rubbers but thats no fun is it

CMF_mike004

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"mines stiff too... keento make it a bit easier to press. im thinking maybe some lube on the cable inner?

Where are the accessible lube points for the accelerator cable?
Also, maybe I should lube the foot pedal spring?
Worth a squirt of WD40, maybe?

Mike

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
mike004 WROTE:

"tris WROTE:<BR><BR>"mines stiff too... keento make it a bit easier to press. im thinking maybe some lube on the cable inner?<BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>Where are the accessible lube points for the accelerator cable?<BR>Also, maybe I should lube the foot pedal spring?<BR>Worth a squirt of WD40, maybe?<BR><BR>Mike<BR><BR><BR>

i would suggest taking the inner cable out, lubing the outer (squirt it in) and then re threading the cable back through and attatching. not sure what the process of undoing the cable from the tb is tho.

CMF_mike004

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

i would suggest taking the inner cable out, lubing the outer (squirt it in) and then re threading the cable back through and attatching. not sure what the process of undoing the cable from the tb is tho.

Thanks. Sounds like there are no easy lube points. I was hoping I would be able to just open the bonnet and spray away!
I may have to take it to a garage.
Mike

CMF_slugman42

» CMF Member
I had the same problem with my clutch pedal
5/8 fuel line split down the middle over the end of the stop bolt held in place by silastic
voila !............problem solved
As for the cable ,disconnect from the throttle body & make sure the pedal & cable is free operating.
If it is the cable get a cable lubricating adaptor ,use with your favorite lubricant ( keep it clean boys ! )eg- wd40 etc, you can get one of those from your local motorcycle shop
hope this helps

Back