steering rack

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
hey guys i've been hearing a noise in my front-end, sources told me its the steering rack so i have been wondering if its ok for me to take out the covering over the steering rack to investigate the problem......also i wan2 know if once the steering rack is giving problems does that mean i gotta get a new one or what?

smidge

» CMF Member
front end noise can be worn suspension bushes, tie rods, CV joints.. lots of things

there are ways to diagnose the problem properly

get yourself a haynes manual if you don't have one already - really really useful!

CMF_shalon

» CMF Member
smidge WROTE:

"front end noise can be worn suspension bushes, tie rods, CV joints.. lots of things

there are ways to diagnose the problem properly

get yourself a haynes manual if you don't have one already - really really useful!

ok thanks for the thot... but i jacked up my car last nite and all the bushes and so on are ok... but when i rock the steering from left to right i hear a lil "clock clock" in the steering it self...how much for a new rack

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Have you taken the boots off & had a look?
I've only heard of one K11 with a rack making a clock clock noise, turned out to be the nylon bush at the end of the rack housing on the drivers side.
There's plenty of high mileage K11 on here, don't recall any serious rack problems

Back