steering pull

sport sr with the 16" alloys on i`m guessing
it`s the car reacting to the camber in the road if so
quite a few new cars suffer from it my dads 06 vectra and the bloke across the roads jag do it aswell
don`t notice it that much on mine though with the same wheels on i would advise checking tire pressure setting them at the standard nissan ones (inside drivers door ) if it is very noticable everytime you drive it though i would try your nissan dealer as i`m sure it would be still under warrenty

Thanks for posts guys - seems it's a common problem with many cars. To eliminate electric steering fault I intend to jack up front end, start engine and see if any steering effect to n/s. Failing that I think a caster/camber/kpi check is called for to see if anything not within spec. It's an irritating fault that is spoiling car so will keep at it until sorted.

Jacked up front end - no brake drag - started engine but no electric steering pull to either side when running, so probably a geometry problem. Visited dealer (under warranty) - £80 required up front for 4-aligmnent check. Asked if it was found to be a manufacturing fault would it be refunded. Complete silence, so declined. Will keep you posted.

Had car up in the air again, checking for rear brake drag, bent suspension or damaged bushes but all seemed ok. Rear toe also checked with drive-over gauge and same both sides. Had a thought to swap tyres left to right (had already moved fronts to rear but on same side) just in case. Hey presto - problem solved. So, I have a tyre with a high rolling resistance now on right side which appears to balance out any camber effects. Tyres are original Continentals with 5k+ miles only and have been very carefully inspected for damage etc. and all checked multiple times with digital and manual tyre pressure gauges. So, don't do as I did. Swap your tyres diagonally to eliminate any possibility.

i have the same thing all nissan say is to monitier it and if it dont get better it will need a new steering colem because the moter in it can jump and it can not be realined but thay don like changing them

Back