steering help please

M

MTB

:p Hi all, just had my cv joint gaiters replaced but im stuck with another problem now, ive obviously had the cars wheel alignment done since the suspension has been disturbed BUT ive had it done twice bye laser and the dude cant get the bloody damn steering wheel anywhere near the centre, the guy said to me this happens with some cars and you cant get the wheel centre again is this true?. He said to me the best thing to do is to take the wheel of and centralise it that way, only problem is i have an airbag, is it possible though to take the wheel off?, please help, thx MTB:p.

Yes it's possible! To do it mate, you need to take the neg lead from the battery off, and then at the side of the wheel, there is two small balck covers. Pop them off and then unscrew the bolts that hold the airbag on.
Now that will make the airbag free, take it off and put it SAFELY somewhere, as can be dangerous. Now there is a small black ring thats held on with 4 screws, that that off and now you have the center nut to take off. Unscrew it, and pull like hell!
Then once its off, re-aling the wheel, and put everything back on, and that it!! Might be at Georges on Friday, so if your not busy, come round.
Titch :kungfu:

Back