Starting question

Hi All

just found this forum and looks excellent, have a 2000 1.0 Micra, which hasnt put a foot wrong in all the years we have had it, but has started doing something strange. Normally when I start it just turn the key and the engine starts up, no need to put foot on the accellerator it just starts, yesterday it started and then immediately cut out, started again with the foot on the accellerator and it started a little rough but was then ok. Everytime I start it it does the same if you dont put your foot on the accellerator and give it a little revs, runs fine apart from that.

Would anyone have any ideas what it could be, been googling it but cant see anything that help.

any help would be appreciated.

if its an early 2000 (pre-coilpack), it could be the waxstat not holding the throttle open slightly, giving you no coldstart/fast idle

thanks for the life of me cant remember when in 2000 it was registered will have to check, was only serviced last year and does less than 6000 miles a year but may check that out.

if its got plastic square blocks ontop of the sparkplugs and no plugleads, its the later type, and those have a more sophisticated obd2 diagnostic faultcode system

With the engine hot i would say leaking injectors, happened to me. If it is with the engine cold, maybe it is what frank said, waxstat isnt working...

Back