starting problems

Got a 03 plate micra which has had a flat battry so i jump started it twice before i had time to replace anyway got a new one (bosch) and before i changed it i tryed the car just to see if it would start .It did but was very dificult to start as it was like it was only on two cylinders wouldnt rev and smoked loads (its a 1 litre auto)After two atempts it did start but was lumpy and smoky but cleared itself and ran ok after that.I then replaced the battry and it ran great started ok happy days .Any way this morning went to it and it did the same when starting it tryed to rum on what felt like two cylinders with loads of smoke from exhaust tryed twice it cleared and i took it for a spin all ok ran great.
Anyone know whats going on as its my wife nanas car and im worried it will let her down and dont want to take it to the main dealers yet
Cheers chris

First thing to check is the new battery - does it still have a good charge after a night sitting out? I once installed a sub that wouldn't switch off, so the battery would be flat every morning, causing difficulty starting and lots of smoke.

Well the cars been in the dealer for a week they carnt find anything wrong but last week before dropping it off it took me five atempts to start it very smoky and smelt strongly of fuel but once started it was all good again this is when i took it to the dealer.They found nothing wrong so im stumped they are stumped so i will just wait for it to let us down again.Time for a new car i think:down:

Back