Standard wheel size Super S

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
175/60 R13 on the front and 155/70 R13 on the back? not 100% as i didn't have std alloys on mine when i bought it, but i think that's what the tyre thing says in the glovebox. Makes has some A539's on his i think, maybe he coulkd share his experience with them > i.e. worth the extra dollars or not? actually i for some reason recall them being discontinued, hmmmm.

Alex

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Yoko discontinued the A539 and replaced them with the C.Drive or something.

Great rubber but wears relatively quickly. But as you would realise, the more traction the rubber has the softer it is and therefore the lifespan is dictated by how soft the rubber is.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Rocket, the standard super S alloys are 13" diameter and 5" wide. The recommended tyre size is 175/60 R13. I reckon it would be really counter-productive to fit a tyre that is any wider without a wider rim.

Yes, i recently had some Yoko A539 fitted.

I have only had these on for around two months so I am not yet able to comment on their life-span etc. However, I have to say I have found they are simply an awesome tyre for grip and performance in both wet & dry conditions !. In the wet they are fanastic, hardly notice the road is wet !.

They cost around $120 each. I had been using Falkens for many years which I was happy with but I will be sticking with these Yokohamas from now on i think !.

Yes, one tyre place told me the A539 is no longer being made (replaced by the C: drive which doesn't come in a micra size) but you still seem to be able to get them.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Was just on the Yokohama Australia website researching rubber.

Seems Yokohama has brought the A539 back into production (most probably due to popular demand).

Website was updated late last year so I assume it is telling the truth!!!

Back