Standard stereo not working after battery connected wrong!

T

The Visitor

Hi,

A friend of mine has a Micra (K11 I think - R reg) and while fitting a new battery he connected it the wrong way round and blew the big 65 amp fuse. :glance:

He fixed that, connected the battery up properly and everything worked OK except the stereo.

I hoped it might just need the code re-entering from while the battery was off but when he brought it round theres no response from the stereo, no sound, lights, display - nothing.

Checked the wires and there was power coming into the back. It must be blown up but nothing else is, so thought I'd check with you guys in case there's some Micra magic that'll explain it ??

BTW - I've already got all the info on how to replace it with an aftermarket jobby from other posts on the site. Good forum! (just visiting from sxoc.com)

Cheers.

check fuse on back of stereo if there is one???
and check stereo fuse in box on panel by your right knee...

if not these two not sure...
check all fuse justin case... :)

Check the rear fuse. Also may be worth getting it checked out, as it could of blown something else.

Thanks for the replies.

No fuse on the back of the unit unfortunately. Its a Nissan (blaupunkt) one. The fuse by the right knee is OK.

May well of killed the radio. Might be an idea to get it looked at too see if it can be repaired. Although it may be more economical to buy a New HU.

Back