Standard Nissan Micra Head Unit extraction

Hey everyone!! This is my first post so please, be nice!

I have a friend who has just bought herself a Nissan Micra. It is a P reg 1.0L and she also bought herself a head unit. I am very confident in the wiring stages, i just need to know how to get the original Head unit out. A quick bullet point will do me, or if there is any FAQ sections, please forward the link! =]

Thankyou for your time

There are 2 screws behind the ash tray, and two just below the center fans from memory. Then remove that panel, undo the screws holding the head unit in, and pull it out. You may need a new adapter and aerial adapter if you are fitting an aftermarket head unit.

I found when fitting my Head Unit I had to attach a new bracket also because it did not fit into the place where the old one came out.

Also I had to look up information on how to wire up the stereo as instead of a normal plug there is just lots of loose wires.

My micra had a female aerial connection also so you might need to get a male adaptor depending on the head unit.

Welcome to the forums.

Can I clear something up whilst discussion about head units is going on?

Has anyone actually managed to use theirs with a cage, or have most people gone with the nissan brackets and screws.

I used the Nissan ones DIY'd onto the new HU. But the hole is too short for aftermarket HU's I found. Thats based on 2 kenwoods and a JVC. Really awkward to fit them

Back