Changing head unit on K11

The Mrs is now fed up with the factory tape player in her new (96 N reg) 1.3 GX Micra.

We've chosen an "el cheapo" Kenwood head unit for around £60, but I was just wondering what the process was for removing the existing head unit, as I can't see any holes or screws for removing it.

Can anyone offer any advice, or point me in the direction of an on-line guide (preferably with pics) that shows how to do this?

Also I'm figuring i'll need an ISO adapter, and aerial adapter as well. Can anyone give me the part codes so I can get them from eBay (I've used halfords in the past, but they charge £15 for the adapter, and I'm sure I could get it cheaper on eBay).

Thanks all :D

just tear the old headunit out and go to your nearest car shop and get the adaptor but you shouldn't need one for the areial it's the easiest and cheapst way lol but you will find that you will pay around 15 pounds for an adaptor i paid 13 for mine

Hello mate, there is a recent thread on how to do this....

...There you go matey:

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26720&highlight=player

Doh! I did do a search, but searched for head units (in titles) so missed it. Thanks for that anyway.

It seems to say:
Two screws under the top edge, two screws visible if you remove the ashtray. Wiggle-wiggle-wiggle and it's free.

Where it mentions two screws under the top edge, what is it referring to the top edge of?

As for the ISO adapter, will this do:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ISO-Nissan-Wi...14&_trkparms=72:1299|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

:)

haha mate its been the most used tool that I own, tightning car battery terminals, tightning interior parts and just general use. Mate add it to ya wish list lol

You might find that the screws on the nissan mounting brackets don't line up with the ones on the kenwood unit, and you can only use one screw on each side, but do em up tight enough, and it doesn't matter.

Best tools I've ever bought have been my:
Stanley 4 Piece screw driver set.
Torx Keys
Allan Keys

If you ever do anything with push bikes, the 5mm allan key is your Saviour. And torx keys are just handy.

well i have used it a couple of times for like when i sripped out ma interior and put ma buckets in changed ma smoked rear lights to standard ones lol

Back