Stalling when cold & sometimes difficult to start

Sorry to post a fresh thread I am starting to isolate the issue.

I've had a bit of cutting out and stalling. Sometimes difficult to get started again like it won't rev up. It's doing this mainly when cold.

Once it's warmed up seems happy enough.

It did it again today when the temp needle was barely off the bottom.

Where would you recomend to start looking. Auto choke?

The waxstat or the idle control valve on the throttle body, or check the temperature sender is within spec, there's something in pollyp's epic blog / thread on how to do all of these things.
In the blogs section in general k11 discussion, there's a handy index into his thread as well.

ok thanks I'll have a look.
It's certainly a cold issue. Once it's warmed up runs all long fine. Just that initial cold stage.
Not sure how many miles a normal K11 takes to reach optimum temperature. After 4 miles today mine still only quarter way up on the temp needle.

ok thanks I'll have a look.
It's certainly a cold issue. Once it's warmed up runs all long fine. Just that initial cold stage.
Not sure how many miles a normal K11 takes to reach optimum temperature. After 4 miles today mine still only quarter way up on the temp needle.
Should easily be up to temperature by then, thermostat may be stuck.

I just discovered there appears to be a bit of collant leak. I think the radiator is leaking. Might be the perfect time to replace the rad and Thermostat.

Back