stalling in neutral (and more) and brake lights always on problem

CMF_Ezy03

» CMF Member
hi guys i seem to have problems with my micra, its a 1.3 1995 4dr, and the problems go like this;

1st issue is that it seems to lose power wants to stall at random times even at speeds of say 40kms etc and i have to play around and change up into 4th from 3rd and back again or what ever gear into higher gear and back again until i have some power and run smooth, this happens a lot and i dont know how to really explain it perfectly but thats the best i can, also at lights it stalls by itself whether im in first with cluch in or in neutral... any ideas of how to fix this?

secondly my brake lights are always on no matter what, when i come to a stop or drive they are always on...even when im done driving i have to pop the bonnet, lock all doors then open up the bonnet and disconnect the battery so it doesn't drain, again any idea whats wrong here or how to fix it?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Is this auto or manual?

Brake light switch under the dash on the brake pedal is touching you will need to adjust the pedal

RTK WROTE:

"Is this auto or manual?<BR><BR>Brake light switch under the dash on the brake pedal is touching you will need to adjust the pedal

probably not. theres a rubber/plastic grommet in the brake pedal. this normally pushes the brake switch in, when you depress the pedal the switch releases and activates the brake lights. over time these grommets get hard and brittle and break away leaving a perfect size hole that the brake switch can push through without depressing. simple fix. shuv something in the hole. a plastic trim clip or a nut and bolt so the brake switch can be depressed again. very common problem on almost every nissan ever made thats getting old now. and probably other models aswell.

as for the stalling, i'd start of with doing the throttle body resoldering trick.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Ezy03

Definitely sounds like Throttlebody problem, if the resoldering trick doesn't fix it, grab another throttlebody off sum1 from the forums, should be less than $150 because we're all so nice and your stalling problems will be a thing of the past ;)

CMF_Ezy03

» CMF Member
manual btw, thanks for the advice and solutions, ill give it a crack hopefully tomorrow or the weekend and let you all know what happens.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
a pic of mine ezy, if ur not confident doing the resolder urself print out the guide, take off throttlebody and take to auto electrician or mechanic

Attachments

• 75074.jpg
    75074.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 34

CMF_Ezy03

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"a pic of mine ezy, if ur not confident doing the resolder urself print out the guide, take off throttlebody and take to auto electrician or mechanic

how much would a auto electrician or mechanic charge for this? also does anyone know of some that have done this before?

Back