Ignition Lights Always on

Got another problem!

My Super S has been sat on the drive for a while and the battery has died so I changed it for a fully charged one and got it started. However when I turned it off the ignition/accessories lights on the dash came on! I restarted the car and the lights went off like normal but when I turned it off they came back on. I tried turning the key in the igniton a few times but it made no difference. The lights are on but they sort of phase in and out - weird. I've disconnected the battery to stop it draining but does anyone have any ideas what is going on? It never used to do this by the way, its a recent hiccup.

Is it to do with the replacement battery or is it because the car has been standing a while? Not sure if its a factor but its quite damp inside, would this effect the electrics? I've really no idea where to start on this one, help please!

Have you reconnected the battery since this has happened? I had a weird electrical fault with my driving lamps once and they would not go off until the battery was disconnected / reconnected, and have worked fine ever since. They should just switch on and off with the other side/headlights but they wouldnt!

Random glitch.

Could be a stuck ignition relay. I would check that first.

Back