SSR MK III and Rota Wheels Fashback

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
i hear the rota rims are very light, but i dont see how they could be much lighter than MK III's anyway.

you can still buy MK3's new altho there rathe expensive and rota's are rather cost effictive comapired to the SSR's

i guess it all comes down too how picky you arew with weight, offset and cost.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
i'd take a stab and say the size your looking at in SSR's will be around 6.5kg ~ 7.0kg each... ive goten some SSR MK1's 15x8.5's and they weighted 7.9kg each...

rota copied (more like RIPED OFF) the SSR design so theres a good chance there both going to weigh roughly the same weight... unless rota's are like 5.0kg or something crazy like that.

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
Unless u are into time attack or u need the extra quality and strength that Japanese wheels offer i dont really see the point in paying extra money for something that looks very similar when u can get it cheaper.

If u are aiming at cutting micro seconds off ur lap time fair enough

Besides many peeps are using the rota rim's for motorsport use in the states so they cant be all that bad.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
D1cefiro WROTE:

"Besides many peeps are using the rota rim's for motorsport use in the states so they cant be all that bad.

Yeah though i'm not sure what to think about the few cases that people have managed to shear the entire centre off the rim.. That looked like fun. Few other cases from memory about people breaking them (possibly with track use but I wouldn't trust them either way).

---dens

CMF_gu_niang1200

» CMF Member
there is one set of rims from Wheel WORKS MODEL EQUIP03.. it looks great too..was wondering any guys bought this set of wheels? the main aim for going light rims is to get thAT EXTRA MILEGE and it feels easier for my little bug to move off cause its a small 1.3L car..

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
I went through this around 5 years ago and the best deal in terms of a weight/price comparison turned out to be OZ Superleggeras 4.9kgs in 15x7.0 size. They have been replaced by OZ Ultraleggeras now, which are 4.99kgs, Rota Grids for example come in at around 5.8kgs a rim in 15x6.5 fitment.

Other than a forged rim and with reasonable looks I have not found a better wheel than the OZ Superleggeras unless one wishes to quadruple their budget to get into the forged rim market.....just a pain that they were discontinued :(

Attachments

• 42122.jpg
    42122.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 20

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"White on white.. that thing looks awesome :) I would be encouraged to drop it another inch or two, but it's not that obvious. 'tis quite hot!<BR><BR>---dens

I'm sure eventually I will be swayed by Matt Humphris for a set of Spax adjustable coilovers but currently the car is undergoing a serious drivetrain upgrade in order to make way for a higher powered engine setup later this year. It's just running the usual Koni yellows with Eibach -35mm springs, which is fine for fast road use.....especially with everything Whiteline make for the K11....woo yeah!

Yes, Ultraleggeras are available :O)

Back